Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
my name is Del, live on the south coast, with my wife, who has no interest in camping what so ever ,so i go it alone, live in a static van, my motorhome is a vw topaz, and i look foreward to meeting up with with fellow members::bigsmile:

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Hi Del, and welcome. I have only been a member here a day, and do not get my van till next week, but from what I have seen this is a really helpful and friendly site.

All the best

David

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Del (and DBSilver).... sure you will enjoy this site and the Quiz night on a Thursday at 8pm if you can make it.

Any questions and the people are most helpful.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi and welcome to you both ::bigsmile: :welcomefunster::welcomefunster:flyingwelcomeflyingwelcome

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Hi Del (and DBSilver).... sure you will enjoy this site and the Quiz night on a Thursday at 8pm if you can make it.

Any questions and the people are most helpful.:Smile:

Quiz night?? Missed that, must try and remember for next week :Smile:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
novawight ...hmm, not Mr Newman by any chance? Great mix of Latin and Anglo-Saxon, and we'll forgive the gender - lots of us have secret sex problems...

Any way, a very warm welcome, look forward to seeing your posts, and sharing the fun together.

Cheers!!

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome from me too :thumb:

OP
OP
novawight

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
novawight ...hmm, not Mr Newman by any chance? Great mix of Latin and Anglo-Saxon, and we'll forgive the gender - lots of us have secret sex problems...

Any way, a very warm welcome, look forward to seeing your posts, and sharing the fun together.

Cheers!!

never heard of that gink!!! novawight, comes with born on the isle of wight, and the name is associated, with a certain Mr Smith, who founded the class of boat I used to sail, a west wight Potter, because of the name a lot of the boats are named after Beatrix Potter, mine was called Cottontail, ........ Bloody glad I got that off me chest nipper:ROFLMAO:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
"Wight" is Anglo-Saxon for a man - it just about scrapes into modern English in the phrase "a hapless wight", hapless being someone who is not happy. In other words, someone went looking for the Isle of Man, but turned right around Sheppey and arrived at your home. Sounds like you had a Funster back in your ancestry.

"Nova" is Latin for new - you meet it still with a star which is exploding- but it's female, the male being novus, like in novice or novel.

Bet you didn't expect to get free Latin lessons on your first post, thank Gentleman Jim for the Funster approach to life.

OP
OP
novawight

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
nice one, it aint arff nice to be heducated:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
"Wight" is Anglo-Saxon for a man - it just about scrapes into modern English in the phrase "a hapless wight", hapless being someone who is not happy. In other words, someone went looking for the Isle of Man, but turned right around Sheppey and arrived at your home. Sounds like you had a Funster back in your ancestry.

"Nova" is Latin for new - you meet it still with a star which is exploding- but it's female, the male being novus, like in novice or novel.

Bet you didn't expect to get free Latin lessons on your first post, thank Gentleman Jim for the Funster approach to life.
Gentleman Jim also has a rule that corrections should not be made to or about a funsters spelling or grammar. Those that do so can face a 7 day suspension I thought it about time some people were reminded.

That aside, I am a pompey lad and spent a lot of my early life in Hayling Island. so welcome to the fun Del.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Wildman, I agree completely with you and gentleman Jim on this... but if you read what I posted, I was doing neither, just, I hope, adding to the fun, which is exactly how Novawight took it.

I'd rather have a) the fun b) the technical knowledge and c), the fellowships and friendships that we've got here. Who the hell cares, or even notices, whether folk spell or get their grammar wrong, let alone the typos we all make? I can't do half the things some of the guys out there can do, but so what... we're all equal one way or another.

I apologise if this seems rude at first sight, but I feel hurt by an unfounded accusation.
Anyone got a shoulder I can cry on???

Call it quits, please. and let's get back to the Fun.

THE END

PS Jim pl don't worry, handbags have been put down...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back