LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
After seeing my dear friend @JJ with his feeble attempts at horticulture with his dashboard lettuce farm I got to thinking maybe I should attempt a small horticultural enterprise. As am a country boy from oop norf where the only people that eat lettuce are lesbians I got to thinking, what would be a nice northern manly persuit. It came to me in a flash, GRAPES. So, I give you "Chateau Snowbird". The vintage will only be available from selected outlets, orders are now being taken, with deposit, in cash for the first crop.
Vine 001.JPG

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Worse case of Damp iv'e ever seen:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As long as that damned helicopter that was crop spraying at 6 this morning does not want to spray it am sure it will be fine.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Crop spraying...:Eeek:

At QMJ, the grapes are organic... no chemicals used EVER.

JJ :cool:

Ah yes, I remember now. Remind me again what was it that completely decimated last years crop of lettuce. Bottom rot or something :LOL:.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Nope... it was a forest fire.

Mushroom's next Funsters

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

This is no laughing matter, having spoken to JJ only this afternoon via Skype (on my FREE wifi on the banks of the Mosel at Reil). He was off to Burger King in some remote Portuguese hamlet to try to secure an outlet for this years lettuce crop. Secretly, I think he is a bit miffed as he did not come up with the wine idea first, as at least he could have drank any excess crop. Not that I would say anything along the lines of him not being a lettuce muncher :).

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
This is no laughing matter, having spoken to JJ only this afternoon via Skype (on my FREE wifi on the banks of the Mosel at Reil). He was off to Burger King in some remote Portuguese hamlet to try to secure an outlet for this years lettuce crop. Secretly, I think he is a bit miffed as he did not come up with the wine idea first, as at least he could have drank any excess crop. Not that I would say anything along the lines of him not being a lettuce muncher :).

Alas JJ 's wine crop was destroyed by all the fires there ..it will take a while for them to recover.... believe there was a photo of me checking the vines prior to the horrible fires

....vino QMJ ..2019 will be a great fresh and fruity wine

Kath x

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Alas JJ 's wine crop was destroyed by all the fires there ..it will take a while for them to recover.... believe there was a photo of me checking the vines prior to the horrible fires

....vino QMJ ..2019 will be a great fresh and fruity wine

Kath x

Thats the competition outa the way for next years plonk then :).

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thats the competition outa the way for next years plonk then :).

How is that Dave .. J J has had most of this year to grow his vine 'outdoors ' unlike your own just starting out (indoors) lol .
Would you be having a woody style of vino for 2020 perhaps maybe a bit like woody sherry lolol :whistle:

:dance2::dance2::dance2:

Kath xx

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
How is that Dave .. J J has had most of this year to grow his vine 'outdoors ' unlike your own just starting out (indoors) lol .
Would you be having a woody style of vino for 2020 perhaps maybe a bit like woody sherry lolol :whistle:

Kath xx

Ah, mine will have that nice crisp fresh taste, synonymous with the banks of the Rhineland, unlike JJs offerings of burnt woody taste :).

chesterfield hooligan

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Hucknall, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
10 years

Kath xx
Surly it would be smokey woody barbecue flavour 2019 vintage a acquired taste.
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Never mind grapes... radishes are all the rage this year, especially if they look exactly like tomatoes...

Do try to keep up... ;)

RADISHES.........Am in Germany my man. You cannot get a meal here without radishes, they even put it on there cornflakes :).
Now Asparagus should do well. Its for sale everywhere and expensive. Most restaurants have a menu specially dedicated to the stuff.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back