Free Member
May 8, 2015
Hurworth on Tees, Darlington
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
Fancy keeping me company next winter in Spain or Portugal ... i have decided to spend a few months out there but really hate the idea of being on my own.
Would love some grown up lady or man to travel with me, would of cos prefer a lady.

Well thats the offer... unless you have a better idea. John

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
John i am going next Jan for about 70 days to the Canary Islands with a company called GB Tours not cheap but normally about 15 vans go. Have a look at their websight if you fancy? Ken
Do you have the link for this company, the one I came across was based in Birkenhead and did coach trips

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I can recommend the C&CC winter rallies. You get quite a lot of single people on them and you’ll never be lonely.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
@hilldweller yes expensive but its touring several of the islands rather than staying on one[/QUOTE]

As usual on FUN, I should have read all the bumf.

At the end of the day it's your money, your choice.

In Terrife do your best to spend a good night up Mt Tiede. We had a stargazing evening up there, one of the most amazing experiences of our lives. But I suspect they may not allow overnight stops up there.

Aug 28, 2017
Leicester
Funster No
MH
None at the mo.
No problem ... just trying to adjust to being a solo... things are still very raw.. no offence taken...
Why a lady? Well a man snores but ladies dont ( well thats what the ladies tell me) !!
My lady does “snore”:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I would imagine snoring isnt the sole consideration. I feel I would be of a similar disposition if such a choice was required .

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
I once complained about my better half's snoring. She said she was surprised I could hear it over my farting.
That's why we travel without sharp scissors, no baseball bats and a small trowel rather than a shovel! :whistle:

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
Are you on Facebook John? There are lots of solo motorhoming groups on there, maybe it would be worth joining up, going to a solos meet and go from there.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
@chaser 's got a good point. It'd be nice to travel with someone else, but not necessarily in the same van. You have to know someone very well to share a van with them. Separate vans would allow you both some privacy, and help you not to get on each other's nerves.
I may be wrong, but I also think that you'll find it very difficult to find a woman who would be prepared to share a van with a stranger.
I wish you all the best, and hope you find a suitable travelling companion.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I wish mum lived nearer. She's fit n healthy but not wanting a relationship. Loves motor homing but finding it difficult to find a friend to holiday with. Fingers crossed for you .

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Hurworth on Tees, Darlington
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
Well im still searching... cos your right finding a lady to share my van is gona be hard... so may well find company with somebody travling in thier own van. Yes im on facebook and searching there too... well if yer dont look youll never find..
So im still looking for a nice person so i can keep them company... if thats you then please pluck up courage and contact me...

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don't want to put a dampener on your enthusiasm, but going away with a stranger in a confined space may not be a good idea.... what if after 3 days you can't stand each other. .. that person will not be your lovely wife and you could find yourself in a really bad situation.

Why not just come to some meets, meet lots of people, make friends and see where you find yourself in a few months' time?

If you are still intent on this, then a Funster posted some time ago that his sister in law wanted to go away with someone in a motorhome .. you never know.

Sadly, I cannot remember who it was.. can anyone help and tag him please?

Was it rb62? @irnbru Sandra can you remember?

Good luck @J&S.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back