NIC S

Free Member
Mar 19, 2009
WESTON SUPER MARE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Hi I had my first weekend away in the camper down at Looe,it drove fantastic quite comforatable at 65-70 mph.only slight glitch was that my 3 year old had been playing in it back at home and had allready half filled the waste water tank before we we set off,so with a couple of showers it was full up, back filling into the shower when the sink was drained-so lesson learnt check waste before you set up camp or cut his fingers off.with three adults and 6 kids we appreciated the extra space of the slide outs and the hydraulic levelling was dead easy to use.Very tempting to get a beer out of the fridge when travelling but I resisted.Certainly a more realaxed weekend in comparison to under canvas,I'm still waiting to top up the LPG to see what fuel consumption we have achieved-fingers crossed it nots to bad.Nic

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
You will forget about how much the fuel cost in a couple of days but the memories of your first trip out will last a lifetime :thumb:

Forget the fuel costs, if you couldnt afford it you wouldnt have bought an RV. Just enjoy the space and convenience of it :thumb::thumb::winky:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Glad you enjoyed it, the bit extra fuel cost is well worth it for the space gained :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

SWMBO says I got to wait another TWO WEEKS before we go away in ours again

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Just 'cos she wants her car fixed:shout:

RVs ROCK, no smutty remarks and yes I know not much with the levllers down:thumb:

Glad you had a good first trip!

PS don't worry about the fuel, don't look at the price guage when filling, or the till when paying, simples. Tanks are usually big so you go for miles between fills.....

It's when the credit card bill turns up you'll notice but by then you had so much FUN you don't care so much!

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Glad the first trip in your RV went well,I'd go for the "chop little fingers off option":ROFLMAO:
In my experience if you drop your cruising speed to around 60/65 mph you will find the LPG consumption will improve.After all the idea of an american RV is to pose and let everybody see you !!!!!!!!!!:roflmto:

Regards,John P.

ps,Take a trip to Carvynick where its all Americans,a super place to stay.:thumb:

gar163y

Free Member
Dec 23, 2008
Uckfield, Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Five years
With Weston cancelled, are you going to come to Burnham for the ski racing in June? Should be room allocated for all of the RV tow rigs.

OP
OP
N

NIC S

Free Member
Mar 19, 2009
WESTON SUPER MARE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Weston Canceled ?

With Weston cancelled, are you going to come to Burnham for the ski racing in June? Should be room allocated for all of the RV tow rigs.
I'm out of the loop a bit so was not aware Weston race was canceled/moved-presumably because of the Sea Front mess ?,I'm navigating in OCR races this year hence the trip to Looe thats presumming my muscles recover from the battering this weekend.I've only got one race in june on the 26th,Is Burnham on the same dates ie 19th/20th June?. Cheers Nic

gar163y

Free Member
Dec 23, 2008
Uckfield, Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Five years
Yes, the works on the sea wall at Weston means the road is currently one way and the boats couldn't be moved to and from the car park. Burnham is still June 19/20 weekend but the details have yet to be published. You might also be interested in the Brixham race on July 3/4 as it's West country but parking for RV's is much tighter there.

Link Removed

Regards Gary

Moosehead

Free Member
Aug 13, 2009
Staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6months
Apologies for the thread hijack:Blush:

As it happens we are booked to go to Brean over the weekend of June 19th so not too far away from the Skiing. Looks interesting so we'll pop along to take a look:Smile:

gar163y

Free Member
Dec 23, 2008
Uckfield, Sussex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Five years
Apologies for the thread hijack:Blush:

As it happens we are booked to go to Brean over the weekend of June 19th so not too far away from the Skiing. Looks interesting so we'll pop along to take a look:Smile:

The more the merrier!

A few pictures from last weekends race in Lyme Regis:
Link Removed

Regards Gary

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back