Euro tunnel frequent traveler (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2016
Sunderland
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
we are going to France the first time in June and looking for a tunnel partner
Anyone interested

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
@Ecojoe Did you find your partner? We travel twice a year; Easter and Summer so would be interested in 4 if you're still looking.(y)(y)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
@Zigisla I'm just waiting on my daughter to confirm her holiday dates with her employer (council going through restructure) and then (hopefully) she will be looking for a tunnel partner.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
how does this all work
You have to buy a minimum of 10 single tunnel tickets (ie 5 return journeys), which have to be used within 12 months of purchase.

BUT, you can share the account with one other person ie agree how many crossing each wants.

The single tickets cost £46, so £460 for 10 - but that only covers a car.

For each trip in a motorhome/campervan an £11 upgrade fee is required, so +£22 for a return

So return price for a motorhome is fixed at £114, 365 days a year, provided an off-peak crossing is used.

Provides amazing flexibility and travel dates/times can be changed as often as required at no additional cost.

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/tickets/types/frequent-traveller/

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Minxy Girl will be along soon and she’ll explain all details.
She’s good at it.
:D

Here you go ... I think the price might have gone up since I last wrote this but not by much and it still works in the same way:
  • You 'couple up' for the account for only one year so not commitment for longer than that to any particular FT partner.

• You and your partner decide between you how many trips you want to share (minimum 10 have to be 'bought') and who will be the main account holder (1st partner).

• The 2nd partner sends the 1st partner the money for the crossings that they want (eg 4 single car crossings @ £44 = £176) via bank transfer or Paypal ('friends and family' though so no fees) along with their name etc.

• The 1st partner sets-up the FT account and gives the 2nd partner information, and pays for all of the crossings wanted via credit card (minimum of £440 = 10 single car crossings), or more if extra ones are required - you cannot 'add' extra ones later.

• The 1st partner then sends the 2nd partner the login details for the account.

• Each partner can book their own crossings and pay the £11 motorhome supplement for each crossing on their own credit card* as this is done separately from the payment for the original crossings; if you have pets this is the time you'd pay the extra for them too. (* Make sure that the credit card you use to pay for your supplement etc is the one you will take with you when you go away in case they want you to show them when you go to book in.)

• You then need to enter the API details for those who will be travelling on each crossing (this doesn't have to be done immediately though but must be done before you travel).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This info may also be useful to you:

6. Travel

6.1 The person making the booking must travel on all bookings made in their name. On arrival at check-in, the main Account holder must present the credit/debit card used to open the Account together with the Frequent Traveller Account number and booking reference. A Nominated Person must present the credit/debit card (if provided) that was registered for them at time of Account opening.

6.2. If the relevant payment card (as detailed in 6.1) is not available at check in, travel under the Frequent Traveller Account will have to be validated.

From the online form:

Payment card number (optional)
To enable us to easily recognise the Nominated Person's booking at Check-In, please provide their payment card details. This payment card will not be charged. If a payment card has NOT been provided for a Nominated Person, the Nominated Person will need to visit the Customer service and ticket desk in the Victor Hugo Terminal Building before travelling, to validate the use of the Frequent Traveller account.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Excellent summation by MG. Couple of points.
If your plans changed, you do not have to take your motorhome you could take your car over for the day etc.
If you have too few crossings there is no reason why you cannot have another ft account - with the same or a new partner.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
One other query which occasionally gets asked is can one partner travel at the same time as the other partner but in a difference vehicle/separate booking ... the answer is yes.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
@Zigisla Sabena has confirmed her hols now.
Unfortunately, I have just used my last Tesco Vouchers to get this Summer's crossing as the dates I needed were selling out really fast. - yet another downside of only getting School Holidays off.:cry::cry: Thanks very much for the thought and hope your Daughter gets a FT Partner soon. :D2:D2

Macca1954

Free Member
Jul 2, 2017
Pr9 9qs
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix 670sl
Exp
Anyone else looking for frequent traveller sharer. Have put post up in continental travel section but has not come up in new post section ? P/S going Thursday/Friday

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
We are looking for a frequent traveller partner to start in December - we'd like 4 tickets, with our traveller partner taking 6 tickets (3 returns). The current basic price is £46 per journey plus £12 supplement for a motorhome. All other details are as mentioned above - @Minxy Girl gives an excellent summary :)

Please pm if interested or have any questions :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back