off to greece (1 Viewer)

spike57

Free Member
May 11, 2010
Funster No
hi everyone , has anybody got any tips on traveling to and around greece.is wild camping or campsites available everywhere. im going there this winter .thanks

drs

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Ware, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Hi I was in Greece a couple of years ago and wildcamping was no problem. Stopped both inland and on the coast and nobody seemed to mind. What are your plans? If you have time go to see the monastries at Meteora well worth a visit.

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Spike57

We have not been to Greece, but on a Dutch camperforum there is a lot of information about trips to Greece.

There has even been a meet in April to enable travellers to Greece to share thoughts and experiences.

The following link will hopefully redirect you to one of the threads about Greece:
Click here, created the link using Google translate

Okay Google translate will not translate too good, but i hope it will make it understandable for you :Blush:

Paul and Ineke

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
flyingwelcome
hi everyone , has anybody got any tips on traveling to and around greece.is wild camping or campsites available everywhere. I'm going there this winter .thanks

Lucky you, I'm green with envy :Cool:

How long would that take to drive down there , and what costs ferry wise and diesel would be involved?

We love the Greek isles , we even got married in Aghia Gallini 16 years ago , southern Crete.
We prefer to go by plane n stay in a villa or apartment though , as we are not retired and only have 2 weeks at a time and 3 kids .
The weather may not be as nice as in the summer , obviously.
BUT its got to be better than France and Spain where everyone else seems to flock wintertime.
Bev

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
The weather may not be as nice as in the summer , obviously.
BUT its got to be better than France and Spain where everyone else seems to flock wintertime.
Bev

Don't know about that Bev - one of the coldest times I've had was sailing through the Gulf of Corinth in April - it was snowing, and the wind coming off the mountains was freezing.

It's a well kept secret that there's good skiing to be had on Parnassus, and Greece's first ski resort was up on the Pelion peninsular near Volos.

I'd still rather be there though (we echo your thoughts about Spain) - and wild camping will be no problem. Have a good time and keep us up to date with your plans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back