3D Home design software - anyone? (1 Viewer)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Hi,

I'm looking for some cheap, easy to use software to model furniture and room changes, possible Conservatory addition etc. I'm looking for something with a database of furniture items and is pretty drag and drop.

I'm not looking for something to produce formal plans, nothing like Autocad for example ;)

Any recommendations?

Thanks

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Paper and pencil! Cut out bits of paper (to scale of course) to represent chairs etc., then just place them on you scale plan drawing of the room. This will let you check for elbow room and whether the doors are in the right place etc. :)

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Sweet Home 3d is quite good for small projects and is 'free'. It gets rather slow if you start stretching the envelope!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sweet Home 3d is quite good for small projects and is 'free'. It gets rather slow if you start stretching the envelope!
I've used that one not bad and quick to get up to speed with.
Google Sketch up is good but takes a lot of getting up to speed, boss is a dab hand with it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Sketch up is hard to beat for DIY stuff, i did all our down stairs re-design with it. As said it takes some getting used to but so does any SW, you'll speed up very soon though.

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
OK ... lets start again lol. Are there any that work as programs downloaded on Windows 10 (not apps or online)?

Thanks

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
Paper and pencil! Cut out bits of paper (to scale of course) to represent chairs etc., then just place them on you scale plan drawing of the room. This will let you check for elbow room and whether the doors are in the right place etc. :)

Used the old school method recently when trying to figure out whether I could get certain items of furniture into a 200-year-old cottage with non-standard doorways and tight angles. Didn't want to waste money and the tolerances were very tight. Just couldn't figure it out in 3d without building cardboard scale models. Being a software kind of person at heart though, I found it incredibly slow and tedious -- but it worked.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
OK ... lets start again lol. Are there any that work as programs downloaded on Windows 10 (not apps or online)?

Thanks
Take note of the info already given they are windows programs.

Sorry my mistake windows 10 uses apps not programs.:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Take note of the info already given they are windows programs.

Sorry my mistake windows 10 uses apps not programs.:ROFLMAO:

These new fangled websites are too clever for their own good (or maybe mine lol). I work with my laptop, but I quite often read this site on my tablet. When you access their sites from the tablet it takes you to Android options and the Google Play App store, it's not easy to get to the Windows info from any of those pages.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back