A blissful nights wild camping. (photo heavy) (1 Viewer)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
The weather here in Ayrshire was beautiful yesterday so I decided to take my trusty hound Georgie Girl & head out for another nights wild camping.
I've been at Loch Doon a few times lately, but it can be busy over the weekends & the proliferation of yobs puts me off.
So I decided to head over to the car park at Stinchar Falls which is near Glentrool.
My heart sank when I came across road closed local access only, but I carried on & the road isn't actually closed until the turn off for Stinchar falls, result.
There was only one more campervan & the silence was deafening. Very easy to find a wee spot to myself, door open, dog free to run about as she pleased, bliss.
The midges haven't really got started yet, so it was a winner all the way.
There was a very light rain shower during the night, was as soft as cobwebs & just topped the night off perfectly.
Stinchar Falls May 2018 5.jpg

Stinchar Falls 2018 8.jpg

Stinchar Falls May 2018 4.jpg

Stinchar Falls sunset 2018.jpg

The hound Stinchar.jpg

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
Brilliant spot brilliant photos oh and the same van as me! Almost anyway I got a talisman. Most auto sleeper monoques I see are talbot cabs

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I do like to see the old "icecream vans" still on the road. the idea of the one piece monocoque body shell was a great one. shame the fit, finish and components of the time were not as good

have seen a few re-fitted with more modern interiors and one that the bodyshell had been grafted onto a newer chassis cab

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
I do like to see the old "icecream vans" still on the road. the idea of the one piece monocoque body shell was a great one. shame the fit, finish and components of the time were not as good

have seen a few re-fitted with more modern interiors and one that the bodyshell had been grafted onto a newer chassis cab
Mines alright , only problem is the green coach lines/ decals are fading and peeling off otherwise everything works OK only regret is mines got a petrol engine and needs polishing up like @ambulancekids

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
looks lovely were headed that way in a couple of weeks any recomendations of things to see and do between the border and glasgow we have to be in glasgow for two days work so getting time and milage to go

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
looks lovely were headed that way in a couple of weeks any recomendations of things to see and do between the border and glasgow we have to be in glasgow for two days work so getting time and milage to go

The advice for this area is very simple, turn left as soon as you cross the border & the turn off for the A75 is immediately after the welcome to Scotland sign.
This'll take you into Dumfries & Galloway.
To call the area undiscovered is a huge understatement.
If you message me or @lorger nearer the time we'd be only too happy to help, in the meantime browse through any items with Dumfries & Galloway in the title, good luck.

OP
OP
ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Mines alright , only problem is the green coach lines/ decals are fading and peeling off otherwise everything works OK only regret is mines got a petrol engine and needs polishing up like @ambulancekids

A good polish up is on the agenda, I had started to the blackwork at the tail end of last year but ran out of time to do it properly. I'll try to pop some photo's on of what I'll do to lift the bumpers up & protect them from UV light. It costs pennies & doesn't use the amazingly expensive stuff that many folks use.
The coach lines need some TLC too, the main green line is fine, its the thinner coach lines that are peeling, so an overhaul is long overdue.
I've also got a full set of the newer wheel trims to go on as I've only fitted one so far.
We took the Autosleeper on as a project to breath new life into & now that I've sold my Sprinter I have a lot more space to do what I want to do this year.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Would have reversed in and driven on to the road :)
We can both reverse park and do.......we do normally park facing the direction of leaving, but she needed to go in that way for cleaning, we have a pig of a driveway......(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
The advice for this area is very simple, turn left as soon as you cross the border & the turn off for the A75 is immediately after the welcome to Scotland sign.
This'll take you into Dumfries & Galloway.
To call the area undiscovered is a huge understatement.
If you message me or @lorger nearer the time we'd be only too happy to help, in the meantime browse through any items with Dumfries & Galloway in the title, good luck.
Don't go telling every one they will all want to go
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back