Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi all decided to give the van a run out today and ended up at bowness.
i was pleased to see loads of motorhomes out and about and if you were going the other way you i may have waved at you:thumb::thumb::thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Well you picked a lovely day for a run out, I was at home working on a declutter program

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
We traveled from keswick through grasemere and windermere about 1pm so we may have passed :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well thank goodness somebody waves. :Sad: I'm giving up on it. Left to feel a pillock every time I wave first.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well thank goodness somebody waves. :Sad: I'm giving up on it. Left to feel a pillock every time I wave first.

We'd wave at you movan.
I know what you mean though.
We all wave , at all the MH's old ,new ,massive , tiny and everything in between , even the odd hire van:roflmto:
We just say miserable old gits , if they dont wave back !! Makes us feel better.
We are surprised at how many dont wave , and we do look like a MH from the front as the luton has windows all round.
Bev

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Has been known for us to wave to Loomas vans, luton vans and horsey homes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:we also wave to motorhomes when we're in the car:Eeek::Eeek: (they got to releise we have a van):thumb:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
we always wave when we are on the road - we get some funny looks sometimes:ROFLMAO:i shall carry , i dont care :Smile:

wildbilly

Free Member
Jan 11, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
since 2009
I recently went from Plymouth to Bath and waved at over 20 motorhomes. Not one waved back. :Sad: The wife said its because we are on a dual carraigeway or motorway. We went to Taunton and Tiverton over the weekend, again no one waved back. :Sad: The wife says that I am waving wrong. On the way back to Plymouth we came via Torrington and I waved a girlie type wave. Again, no one waving back. The wife says we look too much like a white van but I say that if I can tell an ordinary white van from a van conversion then why can't anyone else? :Angry: I am now looking at having more transfers on the front of the van to de-white van man the van.:thumb: If this fails I shall just give up and be a miserable old G*t.:moon:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
lol wildbilly that post made me giggle

if you are ever in the north east I will wave :Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

jennyd

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just under a year
we are new MH's and have loads of fun waving to others - always makes us laugh when we get a wave back especially if its a double (husband and wife!!!). Keep waving we'll get them in the end!!!!::bigsmile:

wildbilly

Free Member
Jan 11, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
since 2009
Thanks lallymc:thumb:. Look out for me on the road in July. I shall be visiting my Mam in Morpeth. We shall have flags flying, baloons trailing behind us, lights flashing and fire belching from the grill on the front. There will also be a troop of dancing girls on the roof doing the can can. :ROFLMAO: Wave you b#*t@rds, wave:swear:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
We shall have flags flying, baloons trailing behind us, lights flashing and fire belching from the grill on the front. There will also be a troop of dancing girls on the roof doing the can can.

Wow....give us your exact route and dates....I'd drive over from South Wales to catch that spectacular. Nothing planned for July yet. ::bigsmile:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
lol well we certainly wouldnt miss you then lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

will also look forward to seeing your route as we are travelling from Do Durham to Devon in August .

I think we will prob need to do one stop over .. any recommendations along the way would be great.

Lea:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

wildbilly

Free Member
Jan 11, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
since 2009
OK lallymc, will let you know our route and a stopover when we get back in July:Smile::thumb:

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
lol well we certainly wouldnt miss you then lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

will also look forward to seeing your route as we are travelling from Do Durham to Devon in August .

I think we will prob need to do one stop over .. any recommendations along the way would be great.

Lea:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

We are staying in Durham in july, lovely place. As for stopovers is Lancashire far enough or are you looking at somewere further towards Devon ?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Thanks lallymc:thumb:. Look out for me on the road in July. I shall be visiting my Mam in Morpeth. We shall have flags flying, baloons trailing behind us, lights flashing and fire belching from the grill on the front. There will also be a troop of dancing girls on the roof doing the can can. :ROFLMAO: Wave you b#*t@rds, wave:swear:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
a topless co driver would produce lots of waves, hee hee

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
a topless co driver would produce lots of waves, hee hee

We just got back from 10 days in Cornwall, Ayrs campsite overlooking St Ives, stunning views and a fantastic site.

Link Removed

Well recommended, have to say most of the motorhomes we passed joined in with waving, and we saw loads.
Not sure about the Topless Co Driver, we tried it but don`t think others liked my Hairy Chest... :ROFLMAO:

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Thanks guys. just got my price for our planned trip to Devon, had to ask twice if the price was right ... omg 42 pound a night and not even a hard standing pitch:Eeek:.

Willl let you know if i need further help with directions lol, at this rate it will be a visit to essex to see the parents :Smile::Smile:

lea xx

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Thanks guys. just got my price for our planned trip to Devon, had to ask twice if the price was right ... omg 42 pound a night and not even a hard standing pitch:Eeek:.

Willl let you know if i need further help with directions lol, at this rate it will be a visit to essex to see the parents :Smile::Smile:

lea xx

Bloody hell £42 a night, we only paid £16 a night in Cornwall.
We would want our motorhome washed and serviced for that.
Hell same treatment for both be and the wife also...we wish :ROFLMAO:

Who and where is this amazing campsite, just so we don`t waste our time looking at it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back