Mains charger problem? (1 Viewer)

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
Hi guys

Im away in Cornwall and my batterys aren't charging whilst hooked up. The fridge 12v light comes on when we are driving and the 240v light comes on when hooked up.All of the 240v sockets work but the 12v lights are dimming rapidly.

Its a Zig X7, ive not checked the output wires to see if there is power going to the batteries. The fuses on the output are also fine.

It also wasn't charging when driving, but i suspect/hope that the control panel wasnt switched to 12v whilst driving, part way through the journey i noticed and it charged a little.

Where is the switch meant to be whe driving/hooked up.

2001 Autotrail Cheyenne fiat 2.8.

Many Thanks i advance guys

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Probably talking out the back of my head,, but is there a reset button ? or perhaps your auxhillary battery is duff and not holding the charge but motoring perhaps there is enough electric being generated to light the fridge light,, or a wire needs nipping up some where perhaps the battery or from the zig unit..

Just cluching at straws really..

OP
OP
Dereckerick

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
The batteries are 2x110 elecsols 12 months old.

Going to get a tester on it asap

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Use a volt meter to test the voltage with the charger switched off
then retest with the charger on

You should see a higher voltage with the charger on

Alan H

neilmac

Free Member
Nov 24, 2008
UK, France & Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2nd year
....the control panel wasnt switched to 12v whilst driving, part way through the journey i noticed and it charged a little.

Not sure what your control panel is like but could it just be that it needs to be switched to the battery you want charged while on hookup or driving? If neither battery is selected then neither charge?

Just my thoughts....

craiggs

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
Funster No
i had that it would charge when the engine was running you could see the arrow going in to the bat but when on 240v the arrow was going the other way the zigzag box had gone king dick had to get it repaired

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Nick,

your charger should act as a power supply when on hook up, regardless of switch positions, so you arent using the battery for 12v...only the chargers output.
if the switch is in the correct position it will, of course, charge the batteries as well.

sounds like your charger has gone t*ts up or its been accidently turned off.

my panel switch has three positions...HAB..OFF..ENGINE.

if on hookup, and charger turned on, any position works the 12v stuff....if not then only HAB or ENGINE will work.

mines not a zig panel so yours may be different.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi guys

Im away in Cornwall and my batterys aren't charging whilst hooked up. The fridge 12v light comes on when we are driving and the 240v light comes on when hooked up.All of the 240v sockets work but the 12v lights are dimming rapidly.

Its a Zig X7, ive not checked the output wires to see if there is power going to the batteries. The fuses on the output are also fine.

It also wasn't charging when driving, but i suspect/hope that the control panel wasnt switched to 12v whilst driving, part way through the journey i noticed and it charged a little.

Many Thanks i advance guys

Hi no idea on your unit but you can download info on it below

http://12voltsdc.webs.com/zigmanuals.htm
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread