My new mobile aerial (1 Viewer)

Oct 13, 2008
Funster No
Exp
My aerial mounting solution

It's really a CB aerial but should work well on the 10-metre band. I'm going to have to be careful with my route planning now at around 35 feet tall overall :roflmto:
The mounting system I have set-up could be used for all kinds of aerial and even a pole for a flag I guess.
I may need to glue another lunch-box up there to cope with my aerial demands if I stick satellite TV and a wifi beam up there too.

Picture030.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Last edited:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Being old school, why not go for a set of boxed 4 stretched 16 ele' 2SCX 2mtr yagi's ?
400w up their bottoms with a nice 28db Mast head should give you 5 9 from most of the beacons in western Eu .. now THAT is proper DX'ing !! de G4VEL

Oh, nearly forgot !!!

Bloody good install!!!!! Love it !

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Being old school, why not go for a set of boxed 4 stretched 16 ele' 2SCX 2mtr yagi's ?
400w up their bottoms with a nice 28db Mast head should give you 5 9 from most of the beacons in western Eu .. now THAT is proper DX'ing !! de G4VEL

Oh, nearly forgot !!!

OOOOOOOOH!!!!!! hark at that:ROFLMAO:...no pirates on this forum:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Pugboxter
Oct 13, 2008
Funster No
Exp

Oh, nearly forgot !!!

Thanks :Smile: A friend of mine is into 2 metre contesting, now if I had a set-up like that he'd be my very best fiend when the Tuesday night contests come round not to mention the weekend events :RollEyes:

I'm an FM 2-metre band man myself, a beam is certainly on the cards soon, but no linear just yet being a lowly 2E0 at the moment

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
no pirates on this forum

I carry Full and Half size G5RV, a GWHIP, Commet Multibander, 2m Slim Jim. MH fitted with Atlas 120 and a CB antenna. The 4 section mast is carried on the Smart Car trailer corner steadies.

John g0fgg

OP
OP
Pugboxter
Oct 13, 2008
Funster No
Exp
no pirates on this forum

I carry Full and Half size G5RV, a GWHIP, Commet Multibander, 2m Slim Jim. MH fitted with Atlas 120 and a CB antenna. The 4 section mast is carried on the Smart Car trailer corner steadies.

John g0fgg

Sounds nice and comprehensive, I've just ordered a HF radio so will be looking into a wire as the Sirio is a little on the heavy side for temporary use on the van.

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Sounds nice and comprehensive, I've just ordered a HF radio so will be looking into a wire as the Sirio is a little on the heavy side for temporary use on the van.

Look out for a Kenwood 830s...fantastic hf set...as good on recieve as the Drake line up i had...Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
With you on that Dave..
I picked up an Icom 747 a few months ago ( always disliked Icom stuff after having to repair it for a whiile ! ) .. So far, apart from playing with it a bit on the top end of 80 I have not really used it

One serious thing to consider and one that has stopped me fitting any big stuff in either my car or the van ( though the van not so much ) is the worry that stray RF might get in to a sensitive bit of kit ( like the ECU for instance ! )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back