Single beds . . . . What? (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We went to look around the new Motorhomes at Travelworld. And nearly everyone has got single beds! And worse, a lot of them didn’t have a piece that went down the middle to convert to a double.

After 42 years of marriage the thought of sleeping on my own is quite scary, not to mention totally unromantic :D

The salesman told us, their isn’t much call for French or Transverse double beds in this country, like there are abroad. They’re not popular. Island beds are OK but still not as popular as singles.

Ashamed to be British.:D

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
We have single beds, it was one of the most important considerations when we went looking for a van.
The thought of her crawling over me in the dark, or obviously more important, me crawling over her at 3am needing pee pee makes us both shudder.:hugs:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We went to look around the new Motorhomes at Travelworld. And nearly everyone has got single beds! And worse, a lot of them didn’t have a piece that went down the middle to convert to a double.

After 42 years of marriage the thought of sleeping on my own is quite scary, not to mention totally unromantic :D

The salesman told us, their isn’t much call for French or Transverse double beds in this country, like there are abroad. They’re not popular. Island beds are OK but still not as popular as singles.

Ashamed to be British.:D

I wonder how true that statement or is it what they want , personally always a double bed for us :lips:

OP
OP
Makingtrax
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We have single beds, it was one of the most important considerations when we went looking for a van.
The thought of her crawling over me in the dark, or obviously more important, me crawling over her at 3am needing pee pee makes us both shudder.:hugs:
When I was 17 the thought of a woman crawling on top of me at 3am would have kept me up all night :D

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
this is a bedroom:D:D

Attachments

• bed.JPG
    bed.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 217
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Personally ,we just got our latest moho with single beds ,can't fault it.
save's a lot of moving about at night . after 50 years married , romance has been & gone !!!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We've got singles, in Pug and because of that at home now too.
What with Ralph's restless legs , fidgeting and snoring and my hot flushes !
We both sleep brilliantly because of them.
It doesn't stop any romance .
In fact all that's done on Ralph's bed, that way my beds all nice n "smooth" to get into :sneaky:;)

Plus we've both got totally different types of mattresses for preferred comfort.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
[QUOTE="Ralph-n-Bev, post: 2846891, member: 9521]
We both sleep brilliantly because of them.
It doesn't stop any romance .
In fact all that's done on Ralph's bed, that way my beds all nice n "smooth" to get into :sneaky:;)
.[/QUOTE]

I love it :D2

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Nope , why @Makingtrax ? :laughing:
It's when ever it takes our fancy. Just like it was when we had a double bed.
I think people are too concerned about having single beds affecting a relationship. It hasn't ours , at all. In fact it's better as I'm not moaning about him keeping me awake , running in his sleep . Or constantly turning over.
I've never been one to mithered/cuddled all night anyway. I can't sleep if I am.
So after realising how much better we slept in the single beds in Pug.
We " bit the bullet " decided to get them at home too. Blooming expensive things they were too. Once we'd chosen our preferred mattresses :Eeek:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Brian , I said smooth ......... what's wrong with that?
:laughing:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Nope , why ? :laughing:
It's when ever it takes our fancy. Just like it was when we had a double bed.
I think people are too concerned about having single beds affecting a relationship. It hasn't now ours , at all. In fact it's better as I'm not moaning about him keeping me awake , running in his sleep . Or constantly turning over.
I've never been one to mithered/cuddled all night anyway. I can't sleep if I am.
So after realising how much better we slept in the single beds in Pug.
We " bit the bullet " decided to get them at home too. Blooming expensive things they were too. Once we'd chosen our preferred mattresses :Eeek:

Hmmm, different :D

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
We have a double each, one over cab and one over garage. John sleeps ike a starfish and is on CPAP, when I need to go I need to go NOW, so I am near the loo and he is near the socket. Nothing wrong with commuting from one end of the van to the other, we do share when we take friends or the grandchildren, but I don't really like waking up lying on the front parcel shelf with my nose flattened against the over cab roof, while J has all the bed to himself.

Frankiej

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
26 years
Double bed, whether I’m alone or not....
My other half and I don’t live together, so I get four nights of the bed to myself. Not sure I would want to sleep separate on the nights we do have together, would seem a bit pointless being in a relationship then...

“Come over to mine this weekend, my loverrrrrr.....and you can sleep in the other bed” !
:LOL::):D:D

Jands

Free Member
Oct 12, 2016
Funster No
Looking for our new MH one of our fixed criteria was a central island bed.
It's a Motorhome not a camping car so no compromise to comfort and what we like at home.
Sounds like the dealer trying to sell you what he has and not what you want.
Does always surprise me that the UK designers have so few central beds in their portfolio.
A lot of European manufactures have a total choice in the back of the van on all the range, easy to do.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back