Really need help now Im solo (1 Viewer)

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
It seems that you are on the road to recovery. I do hope so. Life will continue, whether or not you decide to ‘join in’.

I’d recommend trying a rally or two. They don’t need to be solo (or FUN) but smaller groups might be easier to integrate into (an owner’s group, perhaps?).

The sun’s stating to shine again. Take your time and try to get out there again.

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
@J&S When you are ready to join a rally, there will be a lot of people willing to greet you with a warm welcome. Take care.
Best wishes
Muriel.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Take hope from the responses and then just remember to keep breathing and to give yourself time. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Wow... what a flood of responce. Thank you so very much everyone.
Got in my m/h for the first time since she passed to today and just sat there and cried.
I tested every thing out since it had not been touched since the bad cold winter we all had up here and to my great joy everything still worked. So apart from the dreaded task of removing her things and then re-stocking Im ready to roll..
It will need to be after i have sorted out the banks and insurance company ect ect.
I will meet up with you guys just as soon as im clear of all the red tape.
Thank you guys for the WOW of a responce i can now see a dim light in the dark distance.
My wife would be so pleased and happy to know there are still so many nice pepole in this world...

Thank you. John near Darlington

I am really pleased to see your reply, all too often the op doesnt post a response. You've had a little taste of how great the funster family is.:)

Well done on getting into the van, I can imagine how hard that was. I still have some of Les's things in mine, a way of him still travelling with me. You'll find a way to cope, there's no right or wrong way.

Just take each day as it comes.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello John our thoughts are with you at this sad time , hold on to the happy memories and it’s great you are getting out and about.
Little things will set you off but just go with the flow and if you need to weep do , and we hope to meet up ina field sometime!!
( funster meets are great you can join in watch or have time out and nobody will mind)
Hugs for youXx:hugs:

Last edited:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Wow... what a flood of responce. Thank you so very much everyone.
Got in my m/h for the first time since she passed to today and just sat there and cried.
I tested every thing out since it had not been touched since the bad cold winter we all had up here and to my great joy everything still worked. So apart from the dreaded task of removing her things and then re-stocking Im ready to roll..
It will need to be after i have sorted out the banks and insurance company ect ect.
I will meet up with you guys just as soon as im clear of all the red tape.
Thank you guys for the WOW of a responce i can now see a dim light in the dark distance.
My wife would be so pleased and happy to know there are still so many nice pepole in this world...

Thank you. John near Darlington
If your going to sit in your van and cry, which is perfectly understandable btw, you may find a bottle of gin and some fever tree tonic will help should you go to any rallies, as we can then all sit there and cry together there’s a Shrewsbury vintage tractor etc meet quite soon as well, get yourself there and we can talk gin tractors and bo locks!

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
I cannot sympathise with you enough and I can only endorse a lot of what has been said in earlier postings. I too lost my wife/best friend/lover/soulmate in an RTA in 2008 and thought the world would end. Strangely, it didn't; it wasn't pleasant (slight understatement here!) at first as I had to get over PTSD and clinical depression (I too was in the RTA) but slowly and surely, with help of friends and family I slowly found a new "normal" which involved changing habits of a lifetime and saying "yes" to invites when your brain was shrieking "no, no, no." Because of this, I ended up saying "yes" to a "fifth wheel" road trip adventure in the USA for over eight months, which led to finding a good friend and travelling companion for many foreign holidays. Oh yes, I bought another MH to replace the one obliterated in the RTA and started solo travelling - and haven't stopped since. This mob of funsters on here have been a wonderful source of knowledge, humour and feeling part of a community. It does get better and hurts an awful lot less as time goes on - hard to believe at the moment but it is true. Soldier on, there will be low times but they get less and less. I wish you all the best in the world.

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Sorry to hear of the loss of your dear wife. I am another one of us who has lost their beloved partner four and ahalf years ago. we had a big tag axle motorhome and was looking forward to many more travels in it when we retired. It was too big for me to drive so i downsized and five mths later met up with friends for a few days ptior to the Peterborough rally. As i was not working that first year i was out as much as possible . Having to look for a job i still go out as much as i can . I can highly recommend these lovely people on Motorhome Fun will always make you welcome .
If you use facebook there is a chap who recently lost his dear wife took their motorhome on a trip across Canada , a journey they wanted to do together , its called Small Home Big Garden.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Thinking of you @J&S, at such a sad time, but as lots have already said, you're never alone, no matter what time of day or night, there's always Funsters to share with.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
John, if it can wait and you’re after a couple of days away prior to the red tape I’m just along the road at Crimdon House Farm for tonight (Hartlepool) and tomorrow, then heading down the road to Jim’s place at Sutton on sea for 3 nights. If you’re in the mood, then just pitch up and it’s well known I’ll chat to anyone about anything. If you don’t mind dogs then there’s always a pub calling at the end of a walk.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
So sorry for your loss John but you are doing just the right thing, get out and about and enjoy the years that you have left as if she was with you.
I am sure she would want you to carry on as best you can.
Lots of lovely people for you to meet through this forum.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Just echoing what everyone else has said and I’m so sorry for your loss.

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Hurworth on Tees, Darlington
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
Well i really am taken aback at the ever ongoing responce to my post. A real big thank you for that.....
Yes yes yes i will meet up at a rally just as soon as i can. I have some hospital appointments to attend.
I would just like to ask, apart from Kelso in late Jun are there any other rallies planed in my area the NE or NW ? Oh and could maybe just meet one of you on a site not to far awaf from here.
Thanks John

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well i really am taken aback at the ever ongoing responce to my post. A real big thank you for that.....
Yes yes yes i will meet up at a rally just as soon as i can. I have some hospital appointments to attend.
I would just like to ask, apart from Kelso in late Jun are there any other rallies planed in my area the NE or NW ? Oh and could maybe just meet one of you on a site not to far awaf from here.
Thanks John
Hi John

I don't know anything about starting over again on my own But I do know you are in the right place for the support that will be invaluable on your journey. Simon suggested the vintage rally at Shrewsbury which is a great idea and as it happens I am running it for FUN it will be just a gathering of Funsters in a field with a nice town a short walk away and a bit of interest thrown in with the show of tractors, bikes, cars etc, you will find a link on my signature strip below.

Otherwise you are right not much happens in the NE, even though we only live at Guisborough we seem to organise things down at Shrewsbury for various reasons, a little further down the line you could organise a little meet for some of your new FUN friends;) it really is easy and a great way to meet people.

Martin

OP
OP
J&S

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Hurworth on Tees, Darlington
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
Going to a small campsite just south of Bedale in North Yorkshire in a couple of weeks time... i know quite a few who frequent that site. Its a start...
Thanks to all who commented you have been a great help... John

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
Going to a small campsite just south of Bedale in North Yorkshire in a couple of weeks time... i know quite a few who frequent that site. Its a start...
Thanks to all who commented you have been a great help... John
You go for it..nice to hear from you..take care and enjoy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back