"Right Click" not working (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Can anybody give any suggestions, please?

For about a week now I cannot open anything up into a new tab, new window, or a new private window, BUT the problem only seems to be with MHF. I can't even click on a link to an external connection to open it up. An example of this is the link to the lady driver not understanding what cruise control is.

I can see the link trying to open up the new tab / window, but it immediately closes down again.

I am running Firefox on my HP laptop.

Thanks in anticipation

J

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
this might just show how useless I am at technology, but don't you use left click not right click ?

failing that when did you last restart your laptop, that seems to fix most of my issues (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Have you got pop ups blocked

Yes I have, but I have blocked pop-ups for a long time

this might just show how useless I am at technology, but don't you use left click not right click ?

A left click will open something up in the same tab. I am used to right clicking a number of threads as I go down a page and then working my way through them. This saves having to keep going back to to the original page and, perhaps, forgetting where you had got to. I think a centre click will do the same thing, but not sure

failing that when did you last restart your laptop, that seems to fix most of my issues (y)

I have restarted my computer at least twice since the problem started, so don't think that is the solution.

If the problem is only when viewing MHF best send a note to Jim about the problem.

I will. Any thoughts @Jim

Corrupt cookie.
Clear cookies and cache.
Log on using the URL address, not from a favourite or link.

I will do that now and come back with the result.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Much appreciated.

J

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
@pappajohn I have cleared the Firefox cache, but to no effect.

@denisejoe I'm being a bit thick tonight as I am not sure what you mean.

However, I am off to bed now as I am an hour in front of you and have been up about 18 hours now. I'm getting old. I'll check here again in the morning.

Thank you

J

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yep, done that! Laptop has been off overnight, re-cleared cache and cookies (remove all option) this morning and re-started computer. Still no change.

It does seem that I am only having this problem on "Fun", not on other forum(s) or

Try another browser and see if you have issues then. (y)

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
@Jim, thanks Now why didn't I think of doing that? I loaded up Chrome and it worked, but I didn't log in as I can't remember what password I am using on Fun at the moment. The lack of a password shouldn't make any difference though, should it?

J

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back