Warwick Duo or Autocruise Rhythm!!! (1 Viewer)

R

rabbie

Deleted User
Looking at both of these any suggestions as to good and bad points?
Thanks in adavance

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Autocruise also produce the swift modial range .
swift is identical but costs less .
we have owned a mondial now for 6 moths covered 6500 miles and found the mondial faultless :thumb:

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
We have the Warwick which is a little different to the Duo, but shares the Window Van conversion principle. Only problem so far is a seat seam coming apart which was replaced under warranty.
Insulation is lacking for winter use (we are GMT +1 campers) we did use it in late November last year and the only window which misted up to any extent was the windscreen, the side windows had a hint of condensation and no more, it certainly was`nt running with water like our previous "A" Class. MPG has been a steady 34MPG if speed kept to a max 60MPH, engine is the 2.2 and more than adequate. After our previous vans the downsize all things considered has not been a problem.
Ours has a cooker hood, the vent made a noise on the road at speed. partially solved.
Wardrobe is small otherwise storage has`nt been a problem, folding bikes travel at rear and store in front of front seats on site, far better as far as I am concerned than hanging on the back.
The Duo does not have a gas locker??? consider where your cables, levelling blocks etc will live. Ours has a fixed step at rear, folding step keeps van to 5.988m long!!!
Pleased with overall interior finish wood etc good quality.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rabbie

Deleted User
Warwick Duo

Thanks Warwick great info much appreciated

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
I'm obviously biased, owning a Warwick Duo. We did look at the Rhythm before buying the Duo but, to my mind, it just doesn't compare. I suppose that the £4k price difference must account for something but ours came with most of the options such as aircon, cruise and rear view camera. The camera is particularly useful as it's on all the time and replaces the rear view mirror, giving an unobstructed rear view.

The underslung gas tank is fantastic and should be fitted to all vans in my opinion as, not only is the gas half the price of Calor, but it removes the hassle when travelling abroad.

We've now spent well over 40 nights in the van since buying in April and not had any hint of condensation on the single glazed windows. How we get on in the winter remains to be seen.

There are some good reviews on the Duo, the best probably being the April 2009 Caravan Club magazine. You can look at it here -
Link Removed

Roly

GeoffCrowther

Free Member
May 7, 2010
Funster No
Hi Roly
Just read this thread and since we're considering a Warwick Duo have you used the van in cold weather? If so, how did you find the insulation? Warm enough or not? And was the condensation on those athermic windows acceptable, or absent?
Cheers
Geoff

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
Geoff

See my reply to your post on Facts! I think it answers this question and others.

Very rarely see any condensation on windows in warmer weather and only minimal in the winter. I think that the close fitting concertina blinds help, which create a partially sealed airspace between the glass and the blind.

Roly

Bearnaby

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Funster No
Warwick Duo

Hi Roly
Just read this thread and since we're considering a Warwick Duo have you used the van in cold weather? If so, how did you find the insulation? Warm enough or not? And was the condensation on those athermic windows acceptable, or absent?
Cheers
Geoff

I also have a Warwick Duo and am very impressed with it. Changed from a Nuevo as we needed the flexibility to carry large items using the back doors. I also had a Webasto Dualtop installed to provide heating and hot water. This works off the main diesel tank and is fantastic. It also works off mains when hooked up. You can even have it running while you are driving. I stayed at a site in early April and it was cold, so had the Webasto set to 19 degrees. Woke up pouring with sweat and eventually had to set it to approx 12 degrees. No condensation on windows at all in morning. I was lucky enough to be working at the NEC at the caravan show in Oct and also Feb, so had plenty of time to have a really good look at all the competition. Nothing came close to the Warwick in my opinion.
Hope that helps.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
In relation to the insulation. My wife and I spent Christmas in Dulverton and were as warm as toast with a small oil-filled radiator. The only problem we experienced is that the Warwick Duo water heater has an automatic dump at around zero degrees so we managed with a water container left on the draining board and a bucket under the van to catch the grey waste. It was minus four or five at one point and we had a great holiday.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We looked long at hard at the Rythm range. They in sport guise are extremely basic but nice when the specification goes up.
We eventually went for a completely budget busting AS Kemerton of 2013 vintage and the fit finish and quality over the Autocruise vans is so much better.

When driving the Rythm was so noisy with a complete cacophony of creaks rattles and groans it made my head spin. The AS is so so much better and although I had to spend half a day sorting a rattle from the refrigeration vents its now really quiet . I cant relax when driving a machine that is rattling like hell. We intend to do Europe extensively in our van so will do many miles. So build quality is important.

Make sure you get to drive any make you are considering buying. Make sure you get to drive over a selection of road surfaces ..

Best of luck with it !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back