Jan 8, 2010
Newbridge,kildare.Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Hello All,
This is my first post.Is it possible to change headlight settings on a hymer 774 to suit Irish/English roads.It is a 2004 model.
Thanking You! Dermot.:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi dermot and welcome.

unfortunately its not possible to re-aim LHD lamps to suit uk/irish roads.
no matter how you adjust them, the beam will still dip to the right.

the only way is using BEAMBENDS.....those stick-on plastic convertors but they aint legal for MOT....as far as i know.

Robinhood

Free Member
Mar 7, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Hello All,
This is my first post.Is it possible to change headlight settings on a hymer 774 to suit Irish/English roads.It is a 2004 model.
Thanking You! Dermot.:thumb:
You may have (from researching images I think you have) the Hella headlamp units, in which case they adjust by rotating the unit in the mount.

The dip beam which needs adjustment is the one without the marker/side light.

They are secured by three screws, (not the very prominent adjustment screws - inboard of these) which have a slotted adjustment on them. One needs to be removed, and the other two loosened well off, then the whole housing rotates in the mount to the other end of the adjustment slot. replace/retighten the screws.

Not too difficult to get at on my Rapido, I understand it can be a real b*gger to get access on a number of Hymer 'vans.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Does it have lights as in the picture below? If the answer is yes, then they can be adjusted. The dipped beam is the outer lamp and there are three screws on the rim of the housing, accessed from the engine bay. Once these are released, the central part of the housing can be rotated from right, to left dip. The job is an absolute b**g*r, access requires prehensile extremities - but it can be done!

Philip

Attachments

• Hymer Lights.jpg
    Hymer Lights.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 34

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You may have (from researching images I think you have) the Hella headlamp units, in which case they adjust by rotating the unit in the mount.

The dip beam which needs adjustment is the one without the marker/side light.

They are secured by three screws, (not the very prominent adjustment screws - inboard of these) which have a slotted adjustment on them. One needs to be removed, and the other two loosened well off, then the whole housing rotates in the mount to the other end of the adjustment slot. replace/retighten the screws.

Not to difficult to get at on my Rapido, I understand it can be a real b*gger to get access on a number of Hymer 'vans.

i was going to mention these 'non biased dipping' headlamps but thought the van was possibly too old at 2004 to have them fitted. :Doh:

Feb 29, 2012
Reading & Surgeres France.
Funster No
MH
Hymer 584
Exp
Motor homing since 1998.
Hello, I know this is a very old thread but it's all that came up when I searched under Hymer / Rapido head lamps.
I know about & have on numerous occasions cursed the adjustment method when I've changed mine.
It came to me the other day whilst under the bonnet "why are the lamps mounted as they are ?"
ie dip on the outside & stupidly inaccessible to adjust.
Looking further I thought it would be so much easier if they were the other way about.
Whilst we were away the other weekend I had a wander around a couple of aires we were on to see what others do.
Funnily the split was about 50/50 to dip on the inside particularly on later Rapido's.
I think there's good cause to swap them round. Has anyone done it ?
Would be interested to know.
Thanks.
Barrie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back