Scotland (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Look up "Falls of Shin" visitor centre. You can stay overnight in the large car park and see the salmon trying to jump up the waterfalls (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Where in Scotland first ? Then I’m sure you’ll get lots of replies . In our opinion, the more wild and rural the better .

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Don't forget the South West of Scotland, it's really very nice here, and quiet.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We are currently in Moffat. It’s a good stopover on the way north. (y)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
You should take great care if you were to venture in to Moffat.
One can meet the strangest of people munching fish and chips.
You have been warned!

Im guessing you are here?

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Don't forget the North East around the Aberdeenshire and Moray coastline which is rugged and beatiful. Plenty small seaside towns and harbours where you can safely park up for the night.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We went to Scotland camping for the first time last week through an unexpected break.
I would strongly advise joining the Scottish Wild Campers Facebook Page as they have a downloadable map of places to park.
June is berry season in Scotland so you should at least be heading for midge free N Fife and Angus as field fresh strawberries are incredible and would stop you ever buying an imported one in December ever again.
We cut off the M6 before the border and went through the borders region, Hawick etc following the river and were duly impressed. Overnighted at the Kelpies lower car park. Next night we stayed in Arbroath (smokies are the local delicacy along with seafood in general, at the bakers try butteries (think non flaky croissants)). Parked 10ft from the briny.
We then made our way up to Lossiemouth (wanted to go there so quite a drive) which took us through the Speyside Distilleries. Free camping again at the west beach. We then went down to Grantown on Spey due to time constraints where we were parked overnight on the Spey watching the fishermen.
We saved money on having no camping fees and spent the money on local produce. Happy bunny :).

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I would strongly advise joining the Scottish Wild Campers Facebook Page as they have a downloadable map of places to park.

yes indeed.. and the ruination of many wild spots by overuse and subsequent banning and or the erection of height barriers, as can be witnessed on the Ayrshire coast (my home county)

Look for your own places and keep secret

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
yes indeed.. and the ruination of many wild spots by overuse and subsequent banning and or the erection of height barriers, as can be witnessed on the Ayrshire coast (my home county)

Look for your own places and keep secret
Join the Scottish Wild Campers Facebook Page and don't use any of their suggestions :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back