WTF! Is wrong with the French!?! (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
We just arrived at a Yelloh Village campsite near LaRochelle France.

Stayed here last year and while the campsite is flawless for a mixed site with Motorhomes Caravans and rentalble units as well as the very impressive pool complex and other entertainment the only gripe was the shower and toilet blocks were very sub par based on Caravan & Motorhome Club sites.

Well we are in a rented unit (bit like a static caravan) this time as it was easier with the 9 month old. But had a thoroughly enjoyable trip down in the MH over 4 nights and the 3.5 year old has really taken to her top bunk bed now to make way for the baby in be bottom.

Anyway we heard on arrival that the toilets and shower blocks have been demolished and replaced with new shiny modern ones so I went for a nosey.

Very impressive showers. Same for the brush your teeth and shave cubicals. Baby change also fantastic and even private urinal cubicals! Great for those that get stage fright.

But the actual toilets! WTF!!!!!!
Nice cubicals. Clean as a whistle. BUT NO toilet seat!!!!!!!!! Again WTF!

Not even a disposable cover or any drilled holes in the porcelain to mount a proper one. Just a crisp white base to hover over and get some good quad muscle exercise.

I mean as a fit 39 year old I can do that. But what if your slightly more senior. Or have a medical condition? Your expected to sit on the porcelain in cold discomfort?

I ask you again. WTF is wrong with the French?

p.s the toilet in our private unit/static what ever it is has a toilet seat?

WTF?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Got used to it over the last thirty odd years, at least the restaurant toilets have improved beyond measure.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Got used to it over the last thirty odd years, at least the restaurant toilets have improved beyond measure.
:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
We just arrived at a Yelloh Village campsite near LaRochelle France.

Stayed here last year and while the campsite is flawless for a mixed site with Motorhomes Caravans and rentalble units as well as the very impressive pool complex and other entertainment the only gripe was the shower and toilet blocks were very sub par based on Caravan & Motorhome Club sites.

Well we are in a rented unit (bit like a static caravan) this time as it was easier with the 9 month old. But had a thoroughly enjoyable trip down in the MH over 4 nights and the 3.5 year old has really taken to her top bunk bed now to make way for the baby in be bottom.

Anyway we heard on arrival that the toilets and shower blocks have been demolished and replaced with new shiny modern ones so I went for a nosey.

Very impressive showers. Same for the brush your teeth and shave cubicals. Baby change also fantastic and even private urinal cubicals! Great for those that get stage fright.

But the actual toilets! WTF!!!!!!
Nice cubicals. Clean as a whistle. BUT NO toilet seat!!!!!!!!! Again WTF!

Not even a disposable cover or any drilled holes in the porcelain to mount a proper one. Just a crisp white base to hover over and get some good quad muscle exercise.

I mean as a fit 39 year old I can do that. But what if your slightly more senior. Or have a medical condition? Your expected to sit on the porcelain in cold discomfort?

I ask you again. WTF is wrong with the French?

p.s the toilet in our private unit/static what ever it is has a toilet seat?

WTF?
Different culture the French :D

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Problem solved!

Once you're done it's a seat for sitting \ eating out!(y)
Two birds one stone.;)
Surprised Lafuma not got an equivalent model.:whistle:

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Two inches lower is better for no 2’s. Even better if you put your feet on a couple of thick books. Not that I’m necessarily in favour of holes in the ground, though there’s still a few of those around :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am saying nothing about the French:whistle:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Better that than the old Dick Turpin Toilets..................
stand and deliver :giggler::giggler:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Lots of Mussies in France and they stand over the toilet (hammam) so the seatless bogs are dual purpose.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Whereas the Englishman might take a good book or at least his iPad into the loo and relax on the comfy seat a while, enjoying the earthy healthy aromas within. The truth is that French food /diet is so very poor, which means they have no need of a seat, in fact a seat might be dangerous. After No 2's they have to evacuate immediately before thay are overcome with killer fumes. :D

OP
OP
davidathomas42
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
You're there for a sh!t, not an afternoon in the sun.
Sit on the bloody porcelain, it's obviously designed to be seatless to save on maintenance and repair..
I do my best thinking on the pan. Like to take the mobile and spend a good 30mins relaxing with my thoughts and the WWW

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
It’s not just a French thing, we encountered lots of toliets in Spain and Portugal without seats, and often no paper either.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
If it really fusses you then put toilet paper on it before you touch down.

Or

Use these......... :gum: :doh: :rofl:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
It can't be for hygiene reasons, there's more germs on a keyboard than a toilet seat... Err then again my genital isn't very likely to touch a keyboard. :LOL:... Honest.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's so you don't sit in there reading the paper

My last work was going to remove the seats from the toilets lol they reckoned it would double production

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
You will find that most campsite toilets in the UK are usually minging at least that are clean same with their motorway services
UK services stinking of piss and crap at least their cleen in most continent toilet's
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back