Colapz Food Grade Space Saving Watering Can From £12.35 Delivered (1 Viewer)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Glad you like it :) Think it's very well designed & really like that it folds up so small.

I agree, it certainly looks well made and being a PVC owner size re storage is everything. I’ve also purchased the collapsible bucket from Wilko that was referred to in an earlier post.

Thanks again for the heads up @Wombles - I have benefitted from other recommendations you have posted in the past (Nordic grips x2!).

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
My email says the stock is due in on the 23rd, so I guess delivery will be a few dys after that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2017
Swindon
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Just found this thread, I have been looking for something like this but obviously too late now. Have found one at:

This costs £16:98 including postage but if you want something for your garden you can get 10% off an order over £30 by giving your email address.

Thanks to Wombles for the original post and to others who have added to it

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Stock back in at FFX https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Flopro-70308006-5060396791925-Colapz-Watering-Can now at £12.35 delivered (y) Understand that this will be the last batch of these so be quick if you want one! The new version with a removeable lid is likely to be around £30.

If you don't like the blue then still some other colours available direct from Colapz here https://colapz.co.uk/collections/al...Rvb5M0_Hpnddv_PB-t0KmsE41-QbIdrBoC2tgQAvD_BwE but don't forget to use code TRUD10 at checkout for 10% discount so £18 delivered instead of £20 :)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Bump - in case anyone might want one of these? Stock still available at £12.35 delivered.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you for your replies & hope you all like the watering can as much as we do!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Anyone else got theirs yet - do you like it?

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Just received ours today - looks a good bit of kit, we received the navy blue one.

Thanks for the heads up @Wombles (y)

Alb & Elaine

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Why would anyone make a FOOD grade garden tool ?
The world's gone health conscious mad.
It was aimed at the camping market but Colapz diversified into gardening with some of their existing stock :)

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Had a similar can since we started mh'ing in 2012.
You will def need an extension to the spout unless u have steady hands and a good aim.
Most men should manage but then any women who clean the bathroom would probably disagree.

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Ours arrived today and we are very disappointed. It is rubbish and destined to the bin.

It might hold 5 litres if you are lucky because the end of the spout is much lower than the top of the body, so as you fill it pours out of the spout before the can is anywhere near full. Yes, I expect you could attempt to lengthen the spout but because it tapers considerably, that would prove very difficult.

Trying to pour from the can into the van's water inlet also needs some sort of spout extension because it is nigh on impossible without.

Opening it from its closed position it is also very difficult to get it to stand up in its usable mode. I think you would get more water in the van using a sieve.

Back to our 11 litre plastic watering can, no problems there. Another lesson to be learned.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@ludo sorry to hear that you don't like it - our experience is totally different but do agree (as mentioned before) that extending the spout would be an improvement. Please don't throw it away - sure another Funster would give it a new home.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Still available in blue at £12.35 delivered https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Flopro-70308006-5060396791925-Colapz-Watering-Can for anyone who thinks this might suit them - we have one as downsizing from having a huge garage in a coachbuilt down to a PVC so every bit of space saved counts!
Looks like Colapz have cleared their old stock now as website is down & we understand that the newer version will be around £30.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
I got one just in case we downsize later on and i'm also a sucker for gadgets.
I've added a short length of hose for the end so you can get more water in which stores in the base if you cut it the right length. I've also got an old solar shower attachment which goes on the end as well (original rose not fine enough for showering) for a makeshift solar shower.
It now has 3 uses, bucket, watering can and shower. :)

IMG_6477.JPG IMG_6476.JPG IMG_6480.JPG IMG_6475.JPG

Pete

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just ordered one. My current solid one has given my 9 years of great service, but I rarely use it and when I do need it it is always at the bottom of the pile and so much hassle to get to...
Hopefully this one will fit under the passenger seat and be available whenever I need it.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@pjay Great idea to store the extra bit of hose in the hand hold indent on the base - will try that (y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
@Wombles Okay Karen, enough is enough. So far in the last few weeks you have signed me up for camping in Lymington, Bridport, Music Festival tickets a collapsable watering can and a huge electric clothes airer.

I can no longer afford to have friends like you who obviously work on commission; don't deny it, no-one will believe you. I started camping so that I could holiday on the cheap not spend thousands of pounds all of which has come through quick-quid or some other Loan Shark company with APR's up around 2362%.

THIS IS A WARNING TO YOU ALL, Beware Karen's subtle suggestions to part you from your hard earned Sponduliks. :wink:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just in case anyone else might be tempted :giggle: FFX had sold out but more stock due in on 19th April & available to order now & still just £12.35 delivered https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Flopro-70308006-5060396791925-Colapz-Watering-Can.
Understand from Colapz that once all stock of this older model has gone it won't be produced anymore & their new version is £35 (less 10% with discount code) https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ower-pump-water-bag-more.173492/#post-2797795

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
Ours arrived today and we are very disappointed. It is rubbish and destined to the bin.

It might hold 5 litres if you are lucky because the end of the spout is much lower than the top of the body, so as you fill it pours out of the spout before the can is anywhere near full. Yes, I expect you could attempt to lengthen the spout but because it tapers considerably, that would prove very difficult.

Trying to pour from the can into the van's water inlet also needs some sort of spout extension because it is nigh on impossible without.

Opening it from its closed position it is also very difficult to get it to stand up in its usable mode. I think you would get more water in the van using a sieve.

Back to our 11 litre plastic watering can, no problems there. Another lesson to be learned.

Only just noticed this, but couldn't let it go without adding my opinion :)

We've had one of these Colapz watering cans for a few years now, mainly for topping up the van tank through a wall inlet on the side of the van. We think it's brilliant.

The end of the spout might be lower than the body (same as most watering cans) but it is shaped (or at least ours is) such that a half inch flexible hose is a tight push fit on the end of the spout. We have a six inch length of hose attached to our spout so that we can fill the tank without either tipping the water down the outside of the van or being unable to fully empty the watering can because it would otherwise be too close to the van side.

With a short hose extension on the spout, you can fill the can to the top without spilling any water. The hose is a tighter fit on the spout than the wide end of the spout is to the can itself. If you tried to attach a length of hose in cold weather, you might have to warm the end of the hose first, but once it's on I've found it's very unlikely to fall off. Only issue is that you can't then store the spout in its receptacle on the base of the can when not in use, but we just either drop it in the can before collapsing it or store it in a plastic tray along with our water hose, tap connectors, electric lead etc.

I agree that it might be difficult to stand the can up when you first open it from its collapsed position, but it regains its shape as you fill it. I just hold it under the tap when I fill it, but even if you can't or don't want to manage the full weight, I'm sure just holding it until you have an inch or two of water in the bottom would allow it to stand stable ;)

We have a couple of Colapz buckets as well. I usually take the clean water bucket to the tap along with the watering can and fill both, then tip the contents of the bucket into the can after emptying it to pour more water into the tank.

For the convenience and small amount of space taken up by these items, we wouldn't be without them, and they've proved to be quite durable and robust so far (y)

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
Still stock available of the watering can :)

Recently bought this from FFX too https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Silverline-382239-5024763177873-Trim-Removal-Set-11Pc-11Pc just £9.11 delivered - better than a screwdriver for some jobs.

s-l300.jpg

We've had one of these Colapz watering cans for a few years now, mainly for topping up the van tank through a wall inlet on the side of the van. We think it's brilliant.

The end of the spout might be lower than the body (same as most watering cans) but it is shaped (or at least ours is) such that a half inch flexible hose is a tight push fit on the end of the spout. We have a six inch length of hose attached to our spout so that we can fill the tank without either tipping the water down the outside of the van or being unable to fully empty the watering can because it would otherwise be too close to the van side.

With a short hose extension on the spout, you can fill the can to the top without spilling any water. The hose is a tighter fit on the spout than the wide end of the spout is to the can itself. If you tried to attach a length of hose in cold weather, you might have to warm the end of the hose first, but once it's on I've found it's very unlikely to fall off. Only issue is that you can't then store the spout in its receptacle on the base of the can when not in use, but we just either drop it in the can before collapsing it or store it in a plastic tray along with our water hose, tap connectors, electric lead etc.

I agree that it might be difficult to stand the can up when you first open it from its collapsed position, but it regains its shape as you fill it. I just hold it under the tap when I fill it, but even if you can't or don't want to manage the full weight, I'm sure just holding it until you have an inch or two of water in the bottom would allow it to stand stable ;)

We have a couple of Colapz buckets as well. I usually take the clean water bucket to the tap along with the watering can and fill both, then tip the contents of the bucket into the can after emptying it to pour more water into the tank.

For the convenience and small amount of space taken up by these items, we wouldn't be without them, and they've proved to be quite durable and robust so far (y)

Really pleased that you like yours. Would you like another, brand new and completely unused? £12 and it's yours! Or anyone else for that matter who might be interested

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back