WEBB'S of Wiltshire & Berkshire (1 Viewer)

Jul 20, 2008
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 625
Exp
7 YEARS
Hi All,

Can anyone give me some feedback (good or bad !!) with regards to Webbs Motorhomes.
I live about 5-miles away from the Reading site, so nice and local which I think may be a big plus ? . My next purchase will be my 3rd van (just sold my last one) so I'm not now a complete beginner. I think having good dealer service is very important. Certainly do not want to give my hard-earned to a bad dealer.

Thanks,

Deleted User
Are you looking for a new van, if you are check out the Rapido range from Wokingham Rapido. Excellent quality and you will get first rate customer service from them. Their phone no is 01189791023. Speak to Martin Prior. I think they do get a few used ones as well.

regards
spongy

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Are you looking for a new van, if you are check out the Rapido range from Wokingham Rapido. Excellent quality and you will get first rate customer service from them. Their phone no is 01189791023. Speak to Martin Prior. I think they do get a few used ones as well.

regards
spongy

I second that! Top rate dealer.

If you are looking for used Rapidos, I have four in stock.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We have bought two vans from Webbs and the service is excellent (Warminster Branch) Often have a chat with the owner when he is at shows. I would recommend them. I know others on here have been pleased with them as well.

Wouldnt hesitate to recommend Johns Cross either.

Sonja

Liane

Free Member
May 5, 2010
Reading, Berkshire
Funster No
Exp
Since April 2010
Only had our motorhome for just over a month, and Webbs Reading was the first place I looked for the MH that I wanted. The chap I dealt with there was very friendly, informed and helpful and not at all pushy. Although I very nearly bought the MH from there, in the end I went for a slightly newer and tidier model from Discover in Chorley. Out of all the MH dealers I visited, I would say that the chap at Webbs Reading was the one who made me feel most comfortable about a MH purchase and I would have no hesitation in recommending them. I cannot of course give any feedback on actual purchase or follow up customer service. :)

Floyd's Girl

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Bracknell, Berkshire
Funster No
Exp
Many years as a caravanner, 4 months in a mhome & loving it!
We got our motorhome from Webbs in Warminster, found Marc there to be very helpful. He actually encouraged us to go for a second hand van rather than pay out for a brand new one in case we didn't like the transition from caravan to motorhome.

We actually went for a new van in the end - and we love it!

We do have a couple of things to be done under warranty from HomeCar, which Webbs in Reading are dealing with, but I have to say, the communication between the two stores is excellent.

I would recommend them for not being pushy - we were left to wander the site in Warminster as long as we wanted - we then made loads of calls to them before picking up the motorhome, and nothing was ever too much trouble.

kaspian

Free Member
Aug 16, 2009
bonnie Scotland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
9 months and counting!
Never again!

No doubt if things go well and your new purchase has no major problems any dealer can be deemed to be great but it is the odd occasion when things go badly wrong with a purchase that a dealer can really be measured and from very recent personal experience of the dealer in question I can only say NO, NO and NO WAY!
From the back to back major problems we had with our first 2 vans -and I never thought I would say this - Discover ( but only once their senior management were involved ) dealt far more fairly with us. Peter at Johns Cross seems to get a good reputation on this site and was very helpful to us , for which we were most grateful. :thumb:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We bought our van in the Warminster branch and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone. In fact we've been trying to get parents and in-laws to buy from there.

From 1st going in all staff were excellent, and not at all pushy, very happy to spend time with you and give you any info you need. We visited numerous times and at no point did the service drop (unlike another dealer who'd obviously put us down as time-wasters!).

We bought a used van, and got a great deal.
We have had the van over a year now and have had to take it back for various thing under the warranty they provide and each time we have booked it in quickly and all work has been carried out with no quibble from them whatsoever.

Each time we have been in the staff have been very very friendly and nothing has ever been too much trouble.

We have also been to the rally they hold in the summer and met the owners, who were genuinely nice people (clearly not an act as they were equally as great after more than a few drinks!!:Smile:)

Allin all a big :thumb: from us.

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
We purchased our current van from Webbs Reading Branch in January this year. They gave us an excellent deal and delivered everything as promised. Staff were obliging and we'd have no hesitation in recommending them. :thumb:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
We have bought two vans from Webbs and the service is excellent (Warminster Branch) Often have a chat with the owner when he is at shows. I would recommend them. I know others on here have been pleased with them as well.

Wouldnt hesitate to recommend Johns Cross either.

Sonja

yes very happy with webbs i brought my van from them 3 years ago no complaints

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back