Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hello all any one now of a breakdown service for a fifth wheel dodge ram combo,

Looked at RAC ccc today but i believe there are limits on vehicles at 3.5 ton and max trailer weight is 4.5 ton

OP
OP
ehuplad

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Thanks Alan this is the one i looked at and there is a limit if using 3.5 ton vehicle trailer can only be up to 4.5 ton.

Are you sure
In the terms and conditions the only restriction is for Non Proprietary Vehicles, which as I understand it is Self build or converted coach type vehicles

Link Removed

It may be worth ringing the camping and caravan club for clarification

Alan H

NIC S

Free Member
Mar 19, 2009
WESTON SUPER MARE
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Green Flag

Hello all any one now of a breakdown service for a fifth wheel dodge ram combo,

Looked at RAC ccc today but i believe there are limits on vehicles at 3.5 ton and max trailer weight is 4.5 ton
I've just sorted cover for a camper with Green Flag only available via the Caravan Club,info is on CC webbsite although not easy to find-not sure what they say about 5th wheels but includes trailors but happy to cover 5.5t Camper and the cheapest I found for the size of vehicle.Nic
Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You will need commercial recovery for the trailer. Most breakdown companies use recovery ops on a contract basis. If they are, as most are, light recovery, they will not have anything to tow the fifth wheel.

Therefore you will need a commercial recovery package - it has it's benefits, as some are pay as you go. Which means you pay an admin fee, and nothing else unless you need them! - when you do need them, they charge mileage rate.

On the other hand, you could just get commercial recovery insurance and pay the annual fee - depends what works for you really.

I am sure some 5th wheel owners will be along shortly and tell you what they do/use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back