Harwich? (1 Viewer)

durhamwasp

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Funster No
Going on a Stena Line ferry from Harwich in a few weeks, just wondering if anybody knows of any decent overnight parking spots before getting the morning ferry? (something like Dover Promenade if anyones used it)

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Haven't been on the Harwich ferry for quite a few years but we used to stay on the car park at the ferry without any problem.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi
On the front, by old Harich directly opporsite from Felixstowe, nice and quiet and only about a mile or so from ferry terminal:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
You can definitely stay on the port just before where you check in. I would not have thought that it would be that noisy there, never seems that busy around that bit. You have a Lidl and a Morrisons about a mile away for anything you may have forgotten.
We always use Tesco points to buy that crossing and take the Club Lounge option too (£12 pounds I think, per person per crossing) for that you get a reclining seat, help yourself to tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits, fruit, soft drinks, mineral water, newspapers and view of the barman's (in the main area) choice of TV channel. The person who wants silence in the lounge tends to sit nearest so often you cannot hear it anyway.
You also get a choice of a 1 or 3 hour (oh, I will just have the one lol) wi-fi card per person. So take your laptop and a two pin adaptor! You collect the cards along with the code to get into the lounge from reception on board. Hope that helps. Jane

OP
OP
D

durhamwasp

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for that, never sailed from Harwich before but seems like there are options.

Yep, we are also cashing in our Tesco points :Smile:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Going on a Stena Line ferry from Harwich in a few weeks, just wondering if anybody knows of any decent overnight parking spots before getting the morning ferry? (something like Dover Promenade if anyones used it)
I live in Harwich and can tell you that there are no places like Aires or laybys that you can park in. The police are pretty hot as we have a lot of gypsy's in the area.
There are 2 campsites locally but your best bet would be to pull up on the quay or you could always park on our garage forcourt about 1/4 mile away!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back