Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
This was our Le Voyageur;

P1000553.JPG

P1000552.JPG

5.25m, 3 tonnes, Citroen C25 with a massive 73bhp and a drop down double bed over the front seats. It was well specified for a 1986 van with Truman blown air heating, shower, nautical toilet tank and LPG tank that would do us all year.

We bought it in Jan 2013 and sold it last autumn. In between it got us two, our dog and cat to Puy de Domes, Alsace, The Loire Valley, Il de Re, Il d'Oleron, the Bordeaux wine region and numerous trips on short breaks into the Charente Valley and the Midi-Pyrenees. Plus I used to take it, the dog and cat on fishing breaks twice a year while Little Wife was away visiting family in the UK.

I hope that you too get a lot of pleasure out of your LV. (y)

OP
OP
tonyidle
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
This was our Le Voyageur;

View attachment 228503

View attachment 228501

5.25m, 3 tonnes, Citroen C25 with a massive 73bhp and a drop down double bed over the front seats. It was well specified for a 1986 van with Truman blown air heating, shower, nautical toilet tank and LPG tank that would do us all year.

We bought it in Jan 2013 and sold it last autumn. In between it got us two, our dog and cat to Puy de Domes, Alsace, The Loire Valley, Il de Re, Il d'Oleron, the Bordeaux wine region and numerous trips on short breaks into the Charente Valley and the Midi-Pyrenees. Plus I used to take it, the dog and cat on fishing breaks twice a year while Little Wife was away visiting family in the UK.

I hope that you too get a lot of pleasure out of your LV. (y)
Thanks - I'm sure I will. This is the newest I've had. The one before my Hymer was 23 years old when I sold it. The Hymer was 8 years old. Never had one I didn't thoroughly enjoy whatever it was.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Lovely van - just the sort of thing I'm after but with twin singles that turn into a large double. The wife can't stand wardrobes on either side of her as she feels claustrophobic which is the problem with our Autotrail Savannah which has a big central wardrobe at the back between the single bunks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tonyidle
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Lovely van - just the sort of thing I'm after but with twin singles that turn into a large double. The wife can't stand wardrobes on either side of her as she feels claustrophobic which is the problem with our Autotrail Savannah which has a big central wardrobe at the back between the single bunks.
They do one with an optional infill that makes a huge double. No problem for us - I use the drop-down, wife has the rear double. We talk loudly. We have to.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
They do one with an optional infill that makes a huge double. No problem for us - I use the drop-down, wife has the rear double. We talk loudly. We have to.

Whilst we could do that it wouldn't work when we get to take the grandchildren away!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back