Rather a natty app from Yam. "MyRide" (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
All its doing is using the different inbuilt sensors in the phone...compass, gyroscope, GPS, mapping etc, to record what's happening at any time.
You could use the same app in a car, on a bus, on a push bike, in a plane or even walking.
Nothing special......

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
All its doing is using the different inbuilt sensors in the phone...compass, gyroscope, GPS, mapping etc, to record what's happening at any time.
You could use the same app in a car, on a bus, on a push bike, in a plane or even walking.
Nothing special......
As it is nothing special I am sure you cam point us at an app that is special, or at least does the same job and is both free and bike oriented :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As it is nothing special I am sure you cam point us at an app that is special, or at least does the same job and is both free and bike oriented :)
No I can't, but rest assured there will be loads in the app store and play store before long.
My dashcam app is most of the way there showing roads travelled, both on map and video recording, speed, time, distance travelled also acceleration, deceleration and sideways G forces.
Only thing that's missing from what I can see is lean angle.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Call me paranoid ... ;) but I would have severe misgivings about what data was being taken with or without your consent and what it might be used for now or in the future. I'm thinking Insurance (life and motor), Police, Big brother ;)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Call me paranoid ... ;) but I would have severe misgivings about what data was being taken with or without your consent and what it might be used for now or in the future. I'm thinking Insurance (life and motor), Police, Big brother ;)
It's only taking data from the phone's sensors.... gyroscope, speed etc, which could be used for any purpose...ie..a spirit level, a compass etc... no data is taken from the bike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
It's only taking data from the phone's sensors.... gyroscope, speed etc, which could be used for any purpose...ie..a spirit level, a compass etc... no data is taken from the bike.

If the app records things like speed and lean angle, don't you think that those kind of things would be of interest to others?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back