LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The GoPro is all well and good but with limited battery life and no loop facility is is not ideal for longer rides.
With the advent of Dash Cam evidence admissible nowadays I have been looking at something for te bike that does the same job as the dash cams I use.

Found this.

Might not be the perfect answer but it will do for me !

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Thought it was for a pedal cycle initially which I would have liked! Ok unless using it in certain places abroad such as Portugal and Switzerland (I think) where use of a dashcam is illegal and I don't think footage can be used in Germany. But if its just for UK use then it looks pretty good...

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thought it was for a pedal cycle initially which I would have liked! Ok unless using it in certain places abroad such as Portugal and Switzerland (I think) where use of a dashcam is illegal and I don't think footage can be used in Germany. But if its just for UK use then it looks pretty good...
Don't really give a monkeys where it is legal.
I do not take the dash cam out of the van when in Portugal or anywhere else so will not worry about one on the bike ! :)
If some biopic tin box pilot has me off I want video evidence ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Certainly a lot of kit for the price and, if fitted to 4 wheels, would seem to act as a reversing camera as well.

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The GoPro is all well and good but with limited battery life and no loop facility is is not ideal for longer rides.
With the advent of Dash Cam evidence admissible nowadays I have been looking at something for te bike that does the same job as the dash cams I use.

Found this.

Might not be the perfect answer but it will do for me !
Wife does bike training and uses a brunton battery, it will last for about 5/6 hours continuous recording

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
I've no doubt that its unlikely you would get pulled for it in Portugal or wherever, just thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware. Like using speedcam software in France, obviously I wouldn't be using that either :whistle:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Please let us know how you get on with it
Will do :)

Switzerland (I think)

Just spoke to my man in Switzerland..
He said the rules are the same as Germany ..
Not illegal at all and video MIGHT be used as evidence depending on circumstances and the court

Reactions: SMB

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Will do :)

Just spoke to my man in Switzerland..
He said the rules are the same as Germany ..
Not illegal at all and video MIGHT be used as evidence depending on circumstances and the court

I was probably thinking of Austria (no surprise there), will have to look up what the score is in whichever country I'm in, printed off the RAC regulation sheets for the EU but it seems to be a grey area in a few places.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Oh well, get ready to bail me out of jail then !!
I'll let you know if I win the lottery! The Austrians like to fine people, seen some posts on here about funsters getting fined for using toll roads after being re-routed by roadworks with no choice but to use them and being fined. The go-box is a joke as you might already know, pity as it's a pretty place.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I'll let you know if I win the lottery! The Austrians like to fine people, seen some posts on here about funsters getting fined for using toll roads after being re-routed by roadworks with no choice but to use them and being fined. The go-box is a joke as you might already know, pity as it's a pretty place.
Got a go box.. Had it three years and so far used about 2€ worth..
Never had any problems in Austria my self... Even been let off for speeding ( not big numbers, it was in roadworks and I was doing 80kph instead of 60 )
Austria is one of the places we make a point of stopping a few days in, on the way down to Italy or Croatia :)

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Got a go box.. Had it three years and so far used about 2€ worth..
Never had any problems in Austria my self... Even been let off for speeding ( not big numbers, it was in roadworks and I was doing 80kph instead of 60 )
Austria is one of the places we make a point of stopping a few days in, on the way down to Italy or Croatia :)
I've still got my go box with credit on so I might pass through on my way back from Italy, last time I was there it rained nearly the whole two weeks so it owes me some good weather (y)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Camera arrived. Wired on bench. Stuck 32G in it. Works. Very wide angle so maybe not up to number plate reading but it would show what happened. No idea how they can sell at that price.

But I'm off to Ireland on bike in the morning so no time to install it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back