Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
this may seem a stupid question

I have a 1991 620/6 kontiki. I have tried to make up the diner bed as a double, but there does not seem to be enough cushions. I have the 2 base and 2 back cushions. I extended the end pieces and have no cushions to put in that area. The L shaped bed is ok. Are there cushions missing for the diner setup ? I would be grateful for any help.

Shirley

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Ours is an old 1990 motorhome and a different make so the dining table bed layout may be different however

looking at the dining table with one bench seat to your left and one to your right
ie staring out the side window

The dining table top should come off and slide between the two bench seats to make the middle of the bed base.

There are two sets of cushions per bench. These should lay the same way as if on the bench like this IIII

along the wall ie right in front of you, there should be a long one piece covered in the same material that you would use as an arm rest when the table is up.

The long piece should be taken out and then laid on the bench area.

If this is no help whatsoever, have a look on the kontiki website xxxx there might be a guide there even on the more modern versions which may help

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i dont think theres anything missing shirley, it just dont work.

ours is the same set up......slide out the extensions, pull out the lathes in the middle of the two benches (yours may need the table dropping in between the benches) then stand there looking gormless cos theres no cushions.

the slideouts dont look strong enough to take a persons weight anyway, or ours dont, due to no support legs.

try turning the main cushions through 90 deg, use one of the back cushions to fill the gap at the end of these and the second back across the slideouts.

thats the nearest we ever got.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
oh well....Glad I am not the only one looking gormless..You are right that there is no support legs for the pull out pieces. I must have looked at every one on ebay, but they all have the same number of cushions. Will just have it as a cosy 3/4 bed lol..I dont have an arm rest running along the window part.

Thanks for the help..just about ready for our travels.

Just thought i would add...I was fed up with the flaking psuedo wood finish below the cupboards, especially above the sink area, so I rubbed it down with fine sandpaper and used Ronseal Paint and Grain (pine coloured) and topped with 2 coats of satin varnish. I was quite impressed with the result.

Shirley

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
I think my Royale is very similar to the Kontiki. The bed is made up by using the two cushions and backrests for the two main seats with the table top in between the two seat frames. The long back rest from the bench seat on the other side is placed on the two pull-outs and an additional slatted frame ( original equipment ) which fits against the table top between the 2 pull-out sections.

A long time ago I decided that using the table top was not very satisfactory so I made a slatted section using the same size and type of wood as used for the main seat supports. I stapled 1 inch wide nylon strips to the underside and it is pulled out and held in position by plastic shelf dowels. I have used this arrangement for the past 9 years and it is quite easy to set up and put away each day. I stand the table top against the sink unit overnight.

Phil.

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Get a Hymer-you get a proper bed-you don't have to make-up or down every day!!!!:ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The bed is made up by using the two cushions and backrests for the two main seats with the table top in between the two seat frames. The long back rest from the bench seat on the other side is placed on the two pull-outs and an additional slatted frame ( original equipment ) which fits against the table top between the 2 pull-out sections.

the kontiki doesnt have a bench opposite so the only cushions are the dinnete seat and backrest ones and there arent enough.
if swift made a model with the opposite seat that might answer the question of the two pullout bases......same dinnete used in different kontiki models.

mine has the slats as standard and are stowed in the inbuilt box under the table.
far superior to the table top method as they do have a bit of 'give' in them.

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I have a Kontiki and I think you will find that you are cushions missing. :Sad:

I found 3 cushions attached to each in the overhead bed and they fitted perfectly in the space on the pull out bed opposite the cooker.

Unfortunatley they are in my loft or I would take a picture and post it on here.

I will post one when I next go up in the loft.:roflmto:

We tend to use the U shaped lounge bed and leave it setup so we do not have to keep making up the bed. ::bigsmile:

Previous owner must have taken them out and left them in the house when selling said Kontiki.

Maybe Swift can help with regards to ordering the missing cushions.

Lesley

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I tend to agree that there are missing cushions. I would make a set myself if I could get my hands on the fabric, or failing that make a set out of pink velvet I have left over from making the privacy curtain which was missing when I bought my kontiki.
I seem to be forever sorting this and that, but I suppose thats the nature of owning a more 'mature' MH.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back