Avtex TV DVd fault?? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We purchased an Avtex W193d dual voltage TV. Chose this model as reveiws were exscellent and got good price. Tried Tv when it arrived and all worked OK. Mentioned to hubby we should test DVD before we go away and found that we may have a problem. To start with it will only play genuine DVD's, anything else and it says "no disc" so we cannot play anything that we have downloaded. It sometimes says "ejecting disc" when there is no disc in the machine. It is also very noisy.
I have not contacted the supplier yet - I bought online, it has a 3yr guarantee but I know they'll only say send it back which I'll do as a last resort.
I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
We purchased an Avtex W193d dual voltage TV. Chose this model as reveiws were exscellent and got good price. Tried Tv when it arrived and all worked OK. Mentioned to hubby we should test DVD before we go away and found that we may have a problem. To start with it will only play genuine DVD's, anything else and it says "no disc" so we cannot play anything that we have downloaded. It sometimes says "ejecting disc" when there is no disc in the machine. It is also very noisy.
I have not contacted the supplier yet - I bought online, it has a 3yr guarantee but I know they'll only say send it back which I'll do as a last resort.
I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?

I have heard good things about Avtex after sales service try and ring them here is a link

http://www.avtex.co.uk/index.php/support

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
Ours will play anything. Might seem obvious (but Ihave done it) you could not be putting the disc in back to front I suppose? :Doh:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I have heard good things about Avtex after sales service try and ring them here is a link

http://www.avtex.co.uk/index.php/support
Thanks for that. I am going to contact the supplier but just wondered if anyone else had had a problem - forwarned is forarmed.
Our 3 year old Toshiba TV developed a very feint black line down the middle of the screen and when I googled this I found a forum with literally hundreds of customers with the same fault. I telephoned Toshiba and the girl tried to tell me that they had never heard of this fault before. When I suggested she look up this forum on the internet and talk to "Janet" in head office who knew all about this fault and was dealing with complaints (another bit of info gleaned from the forum) she asked me to hold the line and about 30 seconds later she told me that they would be replacing my TV with a new model, even though I did not have the receipt, and it duly arrived 7 days later!!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
take no chances jaygee, just contact after sales and they will replace/repair instantly even paying for postage. Did with one we had.:thumb:

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
take no chances jaygee, just contact after sales and they will replace/repair instantly even paying for postage. Did with one we had.:thumb:
Can you tell me if you went to Avtex direct or back to the supplier you bought it from?

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I phoned Avtex today and thery are arranging to pick up the TV free of charge for repair. So far so good!

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Can you tell me if you went to Avtex direct or back to the supplier you bought it from?

Sorry Jaygee, late seeing this post. I rang Avtex direct.:thumb:

as yo obviously did:thumb:

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
just an update to this post.
I rung Avtex, they said it sounded like a loose ribbon alignment on the DVD scanner that had not been set properly in the factory.
Picked up the TV and sorted it and sent back to us all within 5 days.
Excellent service!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back