• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Autotrail Tribute 615, 2015, 4600 miles, £33000 (1 Viewer)

natmat

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute 615
Exp
Since 2009
As is so often the case, the owner is no longer able to use motorhome because of deteriorating health. I'm disappointed to say that now I've succumbed to the aforementioned affliction.

Therefore, my Autotrail 615, registered May 2015 is up for sale.

I'm the second owner. I have owned it for a year and driven about 2000 miles. Total mileage is now 4600. Since owning it I have had a holiday in the Loire and monthly short trips to keep it in running-order. I'm unlikely to be able to drive it in the future and hence use it as planned, therefore unfortunately I need to sell it. Having lived in NZ, it was our hope to recreate those times in our LT35 conversion. This Tribute 615 is certainly more luxurious, but sadly circumstances have now changed.

No smoking owners, pet free, it's in as new condition (in fact better in places, where I've improved the

In addition to the basic 2015 spec., this has:
- reversing and rear-view camera
- Thule electric door step
- Fiamma F45 awning
- Cruise control
- Microwave oven
- Bespoke blackout cabin/lounge curtain
- Wheel clamp (to immobile road wheel and camper)
- Milenco triple ramps (pair)
- Site mains lead, plus 240Vac 3-pin/euro-pin hook-up plug
- 2 gas cylinders

This 615 is based on the Fiat Ducato 2.3l 130bhp platform.

Photos available on dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lhx81841jx5dgij/AABRDsexZKwnT3bS-4SLcAeHa?dl=0

IMG_5052.jpg IMG_5052.jpg IMG_4684.jpg IMG_5291.jpg FullSizeRender 9.jpg IMG_4740.jpg IMG_4739.jpg FullSizeRender 10.jpg FullSizeRender 9.jpg IMG_5291.jpg IMG_4684.jpg
-----

This is the Autotrail description:

One of the most compact of the Tribute coachbuilt range, the 615 adopts the classic end kitchen layout for a space-efficient, light and airy open-plan living space.
The aerodynamic bodyshell combines perfectly with Fiat’s agile Ducato platform and with its large kitchen and spacious lounge, the 615 is the perfect option for sociable couples who enjoy entertaining on site.

Two long opposing lounge seats will seat up to six in the central living space before converting into twin single beds or a generous transverse double bed. In Hi-Line configuration, another two beds lie above the cab.
There’s a combined washroom and WC with separate shower compartment in the rear offside corner and a spacious and well-equipped kitchen across the back.

Located in Sheborne, Dorset.
Will be sold with fresh service + MOT (booked in May 2nd, 2018).
Happy to answer any questions, just ask.
Will provide additional photos, just ask.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Sorry to read of your health problems but do hope you find a buyer quickly. Take care of yourself you’re too young

Carol

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
How can mileage be so low?

We are approaching 30,000 miles in 4 years. One of those was a washout as I was ill and had major surgery.

Hope you get a good price

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
natmat

natmat

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute 615
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to read of your health problems but do hope you find a buyer quickly. Take care of yourself you’re too young

Carol
Thanks Carol,
I've been 'snooping' on this site for a while, finding much useful information.
I certainly didn't expect to have heart surgery before I was 50! C'est la Vie.
Would hate to think travelling/motorhoming is off the cards for good, hopefully just a blip whilst things stabalise.
Nathan.

Last edited:
OP
OP
natmat

natmat

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute 615
Exp
Since 2009

We are approaching 30,000 miles in 4 years. One of those was a washout as I was ill and had major surgery.

Previous owners just met up with relatives every month of so - 50 mile round trip.
Us, one holiday (1500 miles) and 50 miles every moth to tick it over (warm up engine, turn the wheels, etc.). My wife didn't feel confident driving it further.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Thanks Carol,
I've been 'stopping' on this site for a while, finding much useful information.
I certainly didn't expect to have heart surgery before I was 50! C'est la Vie.
Would hate to think travelling/motorhoming is off the cards for good, hopefully just a blip whilst things stabalise.
Nathan.
Very sorry to hear of your health problems, like you I suffered serious heart issues, albeit at 59, wife was told I was unlikely to survive, but like you I did. Hard going to start with, physically and mentally, but hard work by me, the wonderful wife and fabulous NHS staff, a few years later we got our present motorhome and are living a good part of our dream.
It's not easy I know but it is easy for someone like me to say " don't give up keep at it" but only you know what you can and can't do. I and I'm sure many others will be rooting for you, you may not live your perfect dream but I'm sure you'll live much of it. Take your time and take care.

OP
OP
natmat

natmat

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute 615
Exp
Since 2009
is it 2 or four berth version and is it 3.5tonne ?
It's the 2 berth, with 2 6' benches (that can either be used as singles, or pulled-out to make a massive 7'x6' double/king bed), not a rear U-lounge.

Yes, it's the 3.5 tonne 130bhp variant.

Instead of the over-cab bed, there are two lockers (we kept the duvet/pillows/TV in there).

[Still struggling with photos. I took many of the inside, that my phone has messed up... will re-take all tomorrow and publish here - via my shared dropbox folder]

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985

Bit of a strange post you have made,Obviously it has not been used much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
natmat

natmat

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute 615
Exp
Since 2009
No takers so far, so I've reduced my selling price by £2k in the hope that someone may consider £33k an appealing opportunity for a v.low mileage lovely 2-berth.

Just let me know if you would like more/specific photos or information.

OP
OP
natmat

natmat

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute 615
Exp
Since 2009
You can stop holding your breath now. I've had absolutely no interest from this forum so haven't yet sold my MH.

How come dealers are selling MH (that later disappear... so are they sold?) similar/lesser spec. for £5k+ more?

So consider this; you're a prospective buyer, what's stopping you from even considering a private sale MH? From personal experience the dealer-added 'warranty' for used vehicle pretty much excludes everything (e.g. aricon, airbag, exhaust, perishables,...). But is that what really makes the difference: dealer offers sparse warranty, private doesn't?

Where are people managing to sell their MH, or is mine just not what you would want to buy?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
You can stop holding your breath now. I've had absolutely no interest from this forum so haven't yet sold my MH.

How come dealers are selling MH (that later disappear... so are they sold?) similar/lesser spec. for £5k+ more?

So consider this; you're a prospective buyer, what's stopping you from even considering a private sale MH? From personal experience the dealer-added 'warranty' for used vehicle pretty much excludes everything (e.g. aricon, airbag, exhaust, perishables,...). But is that what really makes the difference: dealer offers sparse warranty, private doesn't?

Where are people managing to sell their MH, or is mine just not what you would want to buy?
So sorry to read of your health problems. My hubby had heart attack and a subsequent bypass surgery at 58 and is now still going strong at 72.
As to your question about no takers from the forum, most active readers will already have their MH and so not be in the market. You are only advertising to a relatively small market.
It’s a lovely van but you will have to advertise more widely to find that person who knows what they want and is just looking for a good example.
The dealers have the advantage of having a prospective customer with them on the forecourt and they are going to do everything and everything for that sale.

OP
OP
natmat

natmat

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute 615
Exp
Since 2009
Good point about advertised to the converted (so to speak).

And the inclusion of more interior photos (a decent wide-angle lense would help here) is more enticing for prospective buyers than the offer to take if asked.

Yes, that is my gumtree advert and it is also on ebay motors. These have generated some interest and viewings. So it will sell, although with adjusted expectations.

D

DM14742

Deleted User
@natmat. Try Ebay, costs £10:60 and is the biggest and best exposure for a private sale of your van. We have had 100% success selling our Motorhomes on there.
We did recently enter into a sales transaction with another funster, that didn't happen in the end but left us feeling never again!!
Whoops, just seen your last post literally pinged a minute before mine! I wish you well.
BTW you say Ebay motors, will that show in the motorhomes section ?

Last edited by a moderator:

davebav

Free Member
Mar 25, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 620
Exp
7 yrs MH and 20 yrs tugging
Thats a good price for a 3 year old low mileage van. Unfortunately I have just bought the 620 Autotrail new else I would have been interested. When my father could no longer use his MoHo I went to a trade show and asked all the dealers if they were interested. One came around gave us the money and drove it away. The Caravan and Motorhome Club also have an ads section you could use, theres also Gumtree. But include lots of pictures inside and out and assume buyer knows nothing. Add details of weight and how many berths etc. but in the context of driving licence category classes. You need to market it. Look at some dealer sites for ideas. Good luck

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back