Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
if you are looking for a motorhome, there are plenty of motorhome shows and dealers in the wales area, but from personal experience I would suggest use them for looking but BUY PRIVATELY as long as you do ALL the checks available you shouldnt go too far wrong

Good luck

and if you fancy travelling further south, there is the Stratford upon Avon Show coming up at the end of may beginning of June.

Come meet other members of motorhome fun, and tour loads of different makes of motorhomes to your hearts content all for about £30 for a few days wild camping. If you havent got a motorhome bring a tent, we will still make sure you are well looked after

Dont forget to state on your booking motorhomefun coz you get a discount

bluelass

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
north wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
5 years
I've heard good things about Threeways in Abergele and there's a motorhome place in Prestatyn which advertises in Autotrader. Don't know of anyone who has dealt with them though.
Depending on which part of North Wales you are, Spinneys near Holmes Chapel might be worth a visit. The old Harringtons site is nearer but to be honest their reputation has suffered a bit lately and I hear that there's trouble with debt since Discover took them over.
Sorry, not much help really. Threeways have much more stock than their website suggests so bear that in mind otherwise you may be put off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
The dealer in Prestatyn is Vehicles 4 Leisure. (Google will find it) I've bought small things from his shop and he was very helpful. Never bought a van from him so I can't offer a recommendation. If you're going to visit Fourways, Prestatyn isn't very far away.

Phil

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Threeways in Abergele seem ok but have a fairly limited stock in comparison to some other dealers if you're prepared to travel. No experience of the Prestatyn dealer.

I would not recommend Discover at Delamere - we had a very poor experience with a new van there which cost us a lot of money to rectify.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

You can let your fingers do the walking and check my website to see if theres anything you fancy:thumb:

Might be in Sussex but I am half welsh from my fathers side:RollEyes:

Peter

sundancekid

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
shropshire
Funster No
Exp
Just
Have just bought a MH from Vehicles 4 Leisure in Prestatyn. They mainly do Elddis as new ones but have others as used. Very friendly and did what they said they would do, when they said they would do it. No problems so far but I appreciate I am only one person. Not a very big shop for accessories.

Best of luck looking.:thumb:

Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
Peter, are you related to the Robinson who was hanged in 1465 for sheep rustling? Well, I think it was for rustling. I'm a Robinson and prefer to think of myself as a descendant of Robin Hood.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I too am a Robinson, King by marriage and Peter is my father and sibling by same name.

Sorry I dont know of any dealers in Wales

Dale

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back