Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Dudley West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Five
Hi guys, tips please, the rear window on my Swift 590pr is stuck solid, I have tried brute force with no success, do not wish to damage the rubber surround in any way by forcing with a blunt instrument :Eeek: any one had this problem ?? and how do I get the window to open without any damage.

Mike

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
do you know why it is sticking?

I once had some friends stay at mine so i could clean there roof. One of the problems they had was the heiki rof light had become gunged and it was stuck against the rubber seal. I therefore used some fenwicks mtorhome cleaner and sprayed the window top to bottom and left for a little while. I then went back and redone it. I left it a little longer (not long enough for the fenwicks to dry) and then rinsed it thoroughly. It stil took a little bit of force to open but it did work.
If it is not gunge but a hinge problem, the hinges are simple to remove (just make sure some holds the window) service the hinges and put the window back. Worse case scenario, is when my rear window broke and I had to replace it, I was amazed how cheap it was.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

strathspey

Free Member
May 19, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
Hi guys, tips please, the rear window on my Swift 590pr is stuck solid,

Don't use WD 40 on rubber!

Try spraying Silcon and Nylon lubricant (Halfords) between the window and the seal.
I haveused this successfully for several years on the rubber windo and door seals of cars, motorhomes and caravans.
It has the effect of:
1. preventing sticking
2. preventing the rubber deteriorating with age
3.stopping the door/window sticking in very frosty weather.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you may have to use your finger tips to lever the 'glass' from the rubber seal.
work slowly as the seal may tear if you try forcing it too fast.

when you do get it free try wiping the rubber seal with a little olive oil.....stops it sticking again.

OP
OP
M

midlander9

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Dudley West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Five
Hi Funsters, thanks to you all who replied to my question, wildman, pappajohn,strathspay, haganap, and ourcampersbeentrashed, by the way , did`nt use wd40, eventually got it open using pappajohn`s suggestion which after some struggling and some sore fingers, it slowly pulled open, have gone round the rubber with some silicon spray, will open it again tomorrow to make sure its not sticking anymore, thanks once again to you all. :thumb:

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back