LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Terrible photos, the colour is all wrong. The middle in the red one was done with a chain of six, looped, and hooked into it. You can imagine the thickness of the wool from that :LOL:. Trouble is it's so fiddly to get started it takes too long to continue that way.

View attachment 225420

Do we subtract another 2 from 49,201 or are they in the original...? Arn't we all amazing. :)

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Well my k it arrived today, got some books from the library, had me in stitches. Charity shop didn' have any wool, so will try b and m tomorrow, can' believe I'm having a go at this, looks fun, but I'm a slow learner.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Another 6 red poppies from me (that's 22 red from me altogether so far). 49,192
Had a go at a white poppy do we add them to the countdown total as well?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Well my k it arrived today, got some books from the library, had me in stitches. Charity shop didn' have any wool, so will try b and m tomorrow, can' believe I'm having a go at this, looks fun, but I'm a slow learner.
It is fun and very addictive:) B& M have wool also Home Bargains and Wilko

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Sorry to hear Martins not been well Helen give him our regards and hope he starts feeling better soon xxx

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
You lot are amazing: something like 800 in a little over a month and you should be proud of what you have achieved.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I've tried to make a small circle with the black wool and I've managed to make some but it's taking longer to do the centre than the rest of the poppy. Would a magic circle work? I've never done one but I'll give it a go. Otherwise it's a rethink or stitching the centre's.

Why not make them all red and do a cross stitch with the black in the centre?

Another 6 red poppies from me (that's 22 red from me altogether so far). 49,192
Had a go at a white poppy do we add them to the countdown total as well?

All the colours count :)

Once I find the ones I did over the weekend I will adjust the total again........

and you are ALL amazing. I could not have done this by myself. I can see that I will soon be doing the sewing to get the poppies onto the netting.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Right, home from Spain but had a busy week with daughter in hospital twice, hyperemisis in pregnancy AGAIN! I have had 2 x 2am stints driving around Bristol and more hours than I care to count sitting in gynae emergency.
Wish I had started the learning when away because then I would have had something to do other than reading.

I have just spent last half hour trying to hold the wool and the CH. I cannot get the hang of it and keep dropping it. I have tried starting at the beginning of the thread but as I wanted to make a poppy and couldn’t get the hang of a chain anyway, jumped to magic ring. Was that a mistake?
Tried a couple of YouTube videos as well as the photos but hands stiffening up now. I have large clumsy hands and Dupytrens with some numbness and bent fingers....maybe it’s not for me!

I hope your daughter improves as her pregnancy progresses.
My daughter had a dreadful pregnancy in 2012 with frequent dashes to hospital, but all ended well.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I've made 11 poppies = 49,180

Still trying to find a pattern I can do in my sleep and my crochet throw is getting neglected(n)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Why not make them all red and do a cross stitch with the black in the centre?

All the colours count :)

Once I find the ones I did over the weekend I will adjust the total again........

and you are ALL amazing. I could not have done this by myself. I can see that I will soon be doing the sewing to get the poppies onto the netting.

We attach ours to chicken wire and just roll it up for storage. It saves reattaching them the next year!

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
I love this thread and seeing all the other craftwork. I am thinking about some sort of craft related meet for next year? With EHU for sewing machines, of course.

Now that I have completed lots of practise granny squares I have decided to crochet a granny square blanket with pastel coloured cotton yarn as my very first ‘proper’ crochet project. Each square is eight inches and I want to crochet 96 of them (I think!) . . I have managed eight squares so far and I don’t have clue as to how I will crochet them together to make a blanket but I am sure there will be a YouTube video.

I have yarn for the poppies. I haven’t started them yet but will be alternating them with working on the blanket when in France for the next three months. Hopefully I will be able to add a few to the numbers. I will be that woman sitting in the sun on an aire crocheting, come over and say hello!

My big issue now is where in the van to put fifty balls of yarn along with all my other hobby related paraphernalia!

Lorraine x

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I love this thread and seeing all the other craftwork. I am thinking about some sort of craft related meet for next year? With EHU for sewing machines, of course.

Now that I have completed lots of practise granny squares I have decided to crochet a granny square blanket with pastel coloured cotton yarn as my very first ‘proper’ crochet project. Each square is eight inches and I want to crochet 96 of them (I think!) . . I have managed eight squares so far and I don’t have clue as to how I will crochet them together to make a blanket but I am sure there will be a YouTube video.

I have yarn for the poppies. I haven’t started them yet but will be alternating them with working on the blanket when in France for the next three months. Hopefully I will be able to add a few to the numbers. I will be that woman sitting in the sun on an aire crocheting, come over and say hello!

My big issue now is where in the van to put fifty balls of yarn along with all my other hobby related paraphernalia!

Lorraine x
Please don’t anyone copy this post to @Chrysalis . Otherwise I will have to buy a sewing machine sized trailer and a quilting frame sized Gazebo.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Less 5

= 49, 169
20180417_125622.jpg

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
And why not.??!! I think that sounds like a most wonderful idea!
And for goodness sake, if you do organise an event, make sure there is not a Prosecco Bar, a Gin Bar or a showing of The Full Monty:D

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello you lovely busy FCC ladies , without decorating and no settees and MH stuff all in the front room under it all are the lovely crotchet hooks @Jenben sent me :crying:
However I went to town and bought 3 for 2 balls of wool from Poundland!( although black has a slight shimmer!!) I will start soon :whistle2: or pass balls on to one of you clever ladies!
6CD7DA23-9E05-409A-AA3C-34D6EE948931.jpeg

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Hello you lovely busy FCC ladies , without decorating and no settees and MH stuff all in the front room under it all are the lovely crotchet hooks @Jenben sent me :crying:
However I went to town and bought 3 for 2 balls of wool from Poundland!( although black has a slight shimmer!!) I will start soon :whistle2: or pass balls on to one of you clever ladies!View attachment 225538
We are waiting Anthea... no excuse now you have the wool and the hooks and the black with the shimmer bits will be fine

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
And for goodness sake, if you do organise an event, make sure there is not a Prosecco Bar, a Gin Bar or a showing of The Full Monty:D

Ohhh! This gets better and better! Crafts, Fizzy and Gin. My favourite things! I will work on a plan for a meet. Maybe at @Jim or @old-mo place. Maybe both! FCC on tour!! Would there be room for the seven hundred and thirty who would wish to attend? :D

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
However I went to town and bought 3 for 2 balls of wool from Poundland!( although black has a slight shimmer!!) I will start soon :whistle2: or pass balls on to one of you clever ladies!View attachment 225538
My black has a shimmer of purple in but once chroched you can't see it that much and from a distance you can't tell at all. Happy crocheting, i can't crochet the proper way I knit crochet I find it easier on the joints on my hands and fingers. X

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
My black has a shimmer of purple in but once chroched you can't see it that much and from a distance you can't tell at all. Happy crocheting, i can't crochet the proper way I knit crochet I find it easier on the joints on my hands and fingers. X
What is knit crochet Kate

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back