Unresolved power issue - heading to Concorde factory for fix - hopefully!!! (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Some of you may know that we have a problem with our power systems... thanks to those here who tried to help out yesterday by the way.

After another night where all power was shut down by the Voltmaster we’ve decided to bite the bullet and head to the Concorde factory. They know we’re on our way and so hopefully we’ll get everything fixed tomorrow... fingers crossed!

Wish us luck !!!!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Good luck with that, will be interesting to see what the actual problem is

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes, it will. The guys at Southdowns said to sort the Voltmaster out would necessitate a computer recalibration, etc and not something that could be sorted at a random garage. We’ve also got a couple of other problems which we hope to have rectified at the same time.

Will keep you posted

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I just love the way that you are going to just "shoot off to Germany" to get them to fix it.

Us motorhome owners are truly truly mad...

All that money we spend and you are taking it on a journey to them to get sorted, In any other industry in the world for example...

A TV broke--- would you take it back to China?
A Double Glazing unit failed-- Would you take it up Warrington to Pilkington Glass?
Your Mercedes car broke--- would you take it back to Germany?
Or Even you Hyundai, would you take it back to Korea perhaps?

I think we all know the answer is no.... But despite spending probably 4 times the most expensive item on the above list, we head on down with our eyes fully open to the factory that built it. We are insane... completely insane yet we let even the manufacturers of the most luxurious high ticket items treat us all this way and we seem to just "love it".

I am not being critical as I would do and am doing exactly the same.... but we are just mad, the industry is truly bonkers that we should consider this course of action. For the money we spend they should be flying someone over with a tool kit and a remedy....

Best of luck with your trip,

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I agree it sounds bonkers... but the thing is that we’re already in Germany so it’s a journey of 200 Miles. It is out of our way but we just want get it sorted as it’s a PITA and not something we can put up with.

We’re on a six weeks trip and have the Concorde Hillmelfhart get together planned as part of it. So we’ll be going there again in a month or so... just as well that the roads are fantastic! :D

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Stay there and get front row for the "himmelfahrt"

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Stay there and get front row for the "himmelfahrt"

Martin

Ha ha! :D

We arrived a while back. There’s a nice place to stay overnight adjoining the factory. We’re parked next to a massive Liner... feeling a bit insignificant!!:LOL:

Hopefully we’ll only have to stay a short time and then recommence our tour.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ha ha! :D

We arrived a while back. There’s a nice place to stay overnight adjoining the factory. We’re parked next to a massive Liner... feeling a bit insignificant!!:LOL:

Hopefully we’ll only have to stay a short time and then recommence our tour.
:LOL: we have stayed there(y) enjoy your bread buns.

Martin

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Bread buns??? Do they deliver breakfast? :D

We’re parked by the cemetery and, apart from road noise, it’s a pleasant spot.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
A fitter I used to work with had a similar problem with a new model twin turbo Saab that he had just bought, it would suddenly stop and the local dealer could not sort it out ,So Saab sent two engineers over to inspect it and fix it which they did after a week or so, in the meantime they updated everybody involved and made all the people who had bought this new model aware of a problem that could arise and arranged for a fix asap .So why cant all manufacturers do the same when these kind of problems arise .

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
You mean the ones that have not gone bankrupt !

Is that where SAAB went wrong ?
SAAB ceased trading because the SAAB management refused to comply with GM ( who owned them) when they demanded using cheaper lower quality components.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I agree it sounds bonkers... but the thing is that we’re already in Germany so it’s a journey of 200 Miles. It is out of our way but we just want get it sorted as it’s a PITA and not something we can put up with.

We’re on a six weeks trip and have the Concorde Hillmelfhart get together planned as part of it. So we’ll be going there again in a month or so... just as well that the roads are fantastic! :D
It is really good that suppliers like Concorde will “fit you in” at a time that suits you, rather than having to wait several months for an appointment at a UK dealer. I hear that Rapido, Hymer and others also do the same. Is that right?

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We’re just waiting to see whether they can fit us in today. We were told yesterday by Southdowns that the guys at Concorde knew we were coming and we wouldn’t be turned away... hopefully that’ll be the case. We had no real option other than to get things sorted out as we would have been unable to continue with our trip as things were. When the power goes down it means we can’t even get out of the vehicle as everything relies on being powered - a real PITA. Hopefully it will be sorted by hooking up to a diagnostic computer and recalibrated. Fingers crossed!

I don’t know about the other manufacturers’ availability at short notice. I’d hope that they’d allow enough slack in their programme to allow for urgent cases.

Will let you know how we get on.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
It is really good that suppliers like Concorde will “fit you in” at a time that suits you, rather than having to wait several months for an appointment at a UK dealer. I hear that Rapido, Hymer and others also do the same. Is that right?

Err, no, Trust me it's not

Again, not true. Most UK dealers are quick of the mark because they are UK based. I had a friend who had an Autotrail with some amazing electrical gremlins. It went Dealer- cant fix- Up to Manufacturer-fixed- back to manufacturer- fixed- back again- fixed------technician from pioneer---properly fixed..... It's not just Germans you know. The fact that there are many more UK dealers dealing with Brit vans in the UK does give you some hope.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes, lots! We MUST NOT LOOK!!!!

Apparently they haven’t had any secondhand vehicles for months though. Obviously folk are holding on to them.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes, lots! We MUST NOT LOOK!!!!

Apparently they haven’t had any secondhand vehicles for months though. Obviously folk are holding on to them.
Go on just a little peep what harm could it do:LOL:(y);)

Martin

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Go on just a little peep what harm could it do:LOL:(y);)

Martin
Yep can’t do any harm. I’ve only bought 2 Mohos after just taking a little look. And a couple of cars. And maybe a house.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Our vehicle is ready!!! So efficient! Apparently it was a software problem.

We may stay nearby just in case it malfunctions again.

I’ve been In to look but couldn’t get tempted without an HGV and I don’t think we could be bothered to take the test... but you never know!

There were a couple of vehicles with rear lounges that I liked... one with bed over cab and the other with drop down bed but it felt really really firm not wobbly like some. We never used the drop down in our N&B but knew it felt unsteady and a bit claustrophobic. It certainly gives a lot of daytime space without a fixed bed.

The liners are beautiful but massive - i think it would restrict where you go.

Sorry I can’t get photos as we need to move on but all the models on show were brand new and I guess will be online.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Our vehicle is ready!!! So efficient! Apparently it was a software problem.

We may stay nearby just in case it malfunctions again.

I’ve been In to look but couldn’t get tempted without an HGV and I don’t think we could be bothered to take the test... but you never know!

There were a couple of vehicles with rear lounges that I liked... one with bed over cab and the other with drop down bed but it felt really really firm not wobbly like some. We never used the drop down in our N&B but knew it felt unsteady and a bit claustrophobic. It certainly gives a lot of daytime space without a fixed bed.

The liners are beautiful but massive - i think it would restrict where you go.

Sorry I can’t get photos as we need to move on but all the models on show were brand new and I guess will be online.
No problem about photo's we will have a look in May as we are just down the road, Pleased that you are sorted so quickly(y) Bamberg is nice if you want to stay close for a day or two and it has a stellplatz.

Martin

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No problem about photo's we will have a look in May as we are just down the road, Pleased that you are sorted so quickly(y) Bamberg is nice if you want to stay close for a day or two and it has a stellplatz.

Martin
Didn' know where you were but yes bamberg is very good stop

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back