• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD 2 x 6kg Gas-it refillable system (1 Viewer)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I have now fitted and plumbed in my new Gas-it under slung tank so now the 2 x 6kg refillable bottles, associated hoses and fittings that I bought and fitted last November are up for sale.

The system consists of 2 x 2 x 6kg refillable bottles that still contain a fair amount of gas, 2 x 0.45mtr pigtails connected to a Gaslow manual changeover gauge, a 0.5 mtr fast fill hose connected to 0.75 mtr fast fill hose via a tee connector and an angled fixed UK LPG fill point. I have reused the body mounted fill point box so you will need to get one of these if you decide to use this type of fill point.
The bottles are dated to 2027 so they are virtually band new.
This system cost over £350 plus the gas and the asking price is £250.
I would prefer not to split the system but with consider this if there are no takers for the whole lot.
If wanted the Whale regulator and the bottle holders and bases can be had for £15.
Collection only from the Huntingdon area or from the Peterborough show.

Here's a list of the parts with part numbers if you want to look them up on the Gas-it website :-

2 x 6kg Refillable Gas Bottle With Mechanical Gas Level Gauge (GI-VB-001)
1 x Angled Fixed UK LPG Fill point (GI-FP-00
2 x 0.45mtr 21.8LH to W20 pigtail (GI-PT-001)
1 x 0.5 mtr GAS IT Fast Fill hose (GI-FH-001)
1 x 0.75 mtr GAS IT Fast Fill hose (GI-FH-002)
1 x T CONNECTOR (MxMxF) 3/4" UNF - 45° faces (GI-FH-023)
and a link to the Gaslow manual changeover gauge - Broken Link Removed

Please PM me if you want anymore details.

gas1.jpg

gas2.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
That wont hang about for long good luck with the sale john

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Just the one 38 Ltr underslung tank in place of the two 6kgs to give me back much needed locker space. Did you want pics of the tank before fitting or now that it's all fitted in place ?

before and after would be good to see(y) sorry to jump your post

OP
OP
Two on Tour

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
before and after would be good to see(y) sorry to jump your post

Here's the before's
gastank.jpg

Tank sprayed with anti-stone chip
gas-tank.jpg

Home made mounting brackets.
brackets.jpg

It's dark under there so not easy to see. Bolted up on the two crossmembers aft of the exhaust silencer.
underslung2.jpg

Fill point mounted in the skirt.
fill-point.jpg

Pipework to the barbecue outlet.
barbecue-outlet.jpg

and gas level gauge.
gauge.jpg

Attachments

• underslung.jpg
    underslung.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Where did you put your tank isolator tap?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks @Techno, I didn't look at the little thumbnail picture at the bottom of the posting as I thought it was just a repeat of one of the 'bigger' ones.

As many mention that crawling underneath to isolate the tank is a pain when going on ferries/tunnel etc is there any reason why it has to be so far under or could it be nearer the side of the van?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Maybe fit the tap in the redundant gas locker?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Maybe fit the tap in the redundant gas locker?
I wondered about that as I assume the tank could be connected up to the existing piping in there anyway (without the regulator of course) and if there's a jointing piece installed too it would allow a backup bottle to be kept/or one to be bought, if the need arose for more gas or if there was a problem with the tank.

OP
OP
Two on Tour

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks @Techno, I didn't look at the little thumbnail picture at the bottom of the posting as I thought it was just a repeat of one of the 'bigger' ones.

Yes it was as I replaced the photo I took in the dark last night with a better one this morning.

You can connect into your existing gas system pretty well where you want that's convenient to get too. Our original gas cupboard is right at the back of the van, so I spliced into pipework in the system which is above the new underslung tank and have blanked off the original pipe run at the tee off to the first appliance at the back of the van.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I have now fitted and plumbed in my new Gas-it under slung tank so now the 2 x 6kg refillable bottles, associated hoses and fittings that I bought and fitted last November are up for sale.

The system consists of 2 x 2 x 6kg refillable bottles that still contain a fair amount of gas, 2 x 0.45mtr pigtails connected to a Gaslow manual changeover gauge, a 0.5 mtr fast fill hose connected to 0.75 mtr fast fill hose via a tee connector and an angled fixed UK LPG fill point. I have reused the body mounted fill point box so you will need to get one of these if you decide to use this type of fill point.
The bottles are dated to 2027 so they are virtually band new.
This system cost over £350 plus the gas and the asking price is £250.
I would prefer not to split the system but with consider this if there are no takers for the whole lot.
If wanted the Whale regulator and the bottle holders and bases can be had for £15.
Collection only from the Huntingdon area or from the Peterborough show.

Here's a list of the parts with part numbers if you want to look them up on the Gas-it website :-

2 x 6kg Refillable Gas Bottle With Mechanical Gas Level Gauge (GI-VB-001)
1 x Angled Fixed UK LPG Fill point (GI-FP-00
2 x 0.45mtr 21.8LH to W20 pigtail (GI-PT-001)
1 x 0.5 mtr GAS IT Fast Fill hose (GI-FH-001)
1 x 0.75 mtr GAS IT Fast Fill hose (GI-FH-002)
1 x T CONNECTOR (MxMxF) 3/4" UNF - 45° faces (GI-FH-023)
and a link to the Gaslow manual changeover gauge - Broken Link Removed

Please PM me if you want anymore details.

View attachment 224309

View attachment 224310

If I hadn't got my gaslow system , this would have been snapped up, a good price for a refillable system. Will you be taking it to Peterborough?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I find it hard to believe, that this lot hasn't been snapped up yet! :eek:

Jock.

OP
OP
Two on Tour

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I think the organisers are a bit sniffy about Tom, Dick and Harry putting up a for sale sign and flogging their bits and pieces when the exhibitors and commercial stall holders have paid through the nose for their real estate for the weekend, so I did not want to bring shame on to the good name of Funsters. :rolleyes:

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
You watch when you sell it somebody will say wish I knew about it I would have had it, happens every time

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I wondered about that as I assume the tank could be connected up to the existing piping in there anyway (without the regulator of course) and if there's a jointing piece installed too it would allow a backup bottle to be kept/or one to be bought, if the need arose for more gas or if there was a problem with the tank.
you could run pipework from the tank and keep the original reg in the gas locker with a tap before

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I think the organisers are a bit sniffy about Tom, Dick and Harry putting up a for sale sign and flogging their bits and pieces when the exhibitors and commercial stall holders have paid through the nose for their real estate for the weekend, so I did not want to bring shame on to the good name of Funsters. :rolleyes:
You are absolutely correct on that one Paul. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back