Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Don't pay your insurance renewal until you get quotes. :whatthe::whatthe:
I just received my joint renewal for two cars from Admiral. The total premium requested is £640. Thinks that looks a lot so went on line to confused.com all the same details , who was the cheapest --------------------------------------------- ADMIRAL £448 :shout:
Rang Admiral to ask if this is APRIL 1st :Smile: No but we will price match OUR OWN PRICE . £200 quid less !!
They think we grew on bl##dy gooseberry bushes :Angry:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its called taking your customers for granted/for a ride. I would have gone elsewhere on principle. But then I'm stupid like that:Smile:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Do not stay with your existing insurer. Shop around they want you to do nothing and just auto renew, there is nothing to be gained by being faithful to 1 company and it usually end up costing you money.

Credit cards work on the same idea, give em 6 months no interest and then hammer them, ive been moving my credit card balance around for 5 years and finally paid it off this month, however ive not paid a penny in interest for whole time ive had it...result!!!!!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Don't pay your insurance renewal until you get quotes. :whatthe::whatthe:
I just received my joint renewal for two cars from Admiral. The total premium requested is £640. Thinks that looks a lot so went on line to confused.com all the same details , who was the cheapest --------------------------------------------- ADMIRAL £448 :shout:
Rang Admiral to ask if this is APRIL 1st :Smile: No but we will price match OUR OWN PRICE . £200 quid less !!
They think we grew on bl##dy gooseberry bushes :Angry:

Listen, I need to borrow a tenner, if you send me the signed cheque I will fill it in for you.

Thanks in anticipation, Doug...

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
It's infuriating but they are now the cheapest so I can't shoot myself in the foot , principles to one side and go with Admiral

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

I hope you will allow a tin tenter to suggest an even better way of getting insurance.
I might not work for the motorcaravan and camper but I'd be surprised if it didn't work for those amongst you that own a car as well.
My tip is to go to the QUIDCO.COM website and use their services. From memory you can even use CONFUSED .com and get money back by going through them on the Quidco site to get even more money back.
Last year I paid £220 for insurance for my Audi A6 Avant. I have been given a renewal of £223 but, going through Quidco, I got a quote of £181 and heres the best bit, in three months time I will get cash back of £55. In other words, my car insurance this year is going to cost me £126. I'm well chuffed.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
££??

Our renewal from Safeguard for £377 Got it with SAGA for £270 & will be paying it over 12 months on a new TESCO card at 0% interest.

I recommend moneysavingexpert.com for those who haven't read it for his top advice

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back