All the Aires books questions (2 Viewers)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
A couple of questions but first...
I have the camper contact and park4night apps.

Thinking of buying All the Aires but it looks like I have to buy France and Portugal / Spain separately.

We are going September, should we wait for an update version or go ahead and buy now.

Also is there not an Aires book that covers France, spain and portugal as one unit?

(First time abroad) need as much help as poss to find places we will like.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
If you want the news do you buy a book printed yearly? Or watch the telly?

The Aires books are always out of date and for old people :ROFLMAO:

Only kidding, no offence :)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
But camper contact. Paid version about 5 euros and downloads to your phone or tablet so you dont need wifi to access.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
But camper contact. Paid version about 5 euros and downloads to your phone or tablet so you dont need wifi to access.
Thanks, I have the paid version and down loaded photos etc for offline use. I'm just looking for as much information and choice as possible as first time abroad, complete novice, and no idea what I am doing!

I guess many have been there and done that but may remember first time apprehensions! Thats me!

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I agree all the aire books are out of date.
You will find when you get to a aire it's closed or prices have gone up a lot.
Never looked at All the Aires book and found that the Aire is closed, well not in the last 10 years or maybe I've been lucky. However, have found camp sites shut and that was from an app.
It's just an urban myth about apps being better than sliced bread and All the Aires being rubbish. Fake news

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
If you really still want a printed guide, then I agree with others that Camperstop Europe is the only one you need.
Better than any of the "All the Aires" books; and it also covers all of Europe in a single volume.

But of course a such printed guides cost you money and start to go out of date even before being produced, unlike online apps and databases that are continously updated by users..... And in many cases are free.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Be aware that despite the titles they do NOT have all the aires in them, no where near in fact ...

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Just completed a two week trip in France and used 13 Aires from "All the Aires" books. I do have the app, but like to see details a bit bigger than a phone screen and we often confirm with the app and read the reviews - Best thing the app is useful for. We feel the book is easier for planning as the map is a useful guide rather than searching for a spacific area, but the app is great for "whats around me now". All the aires from the book were open and info correct. We found a fantastic Aire in a vineyard, which wasn't on the app. - Added now though

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just got a copy of the 2018 Camperstop book it looks better than ever. I’ll do a review on it later(y)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks, I have the paid version and down loaded photos etc for offline use. I'm just looking for as much information and choice as possible as first time abroad, complete novice, and no idea what I am doing!

I guess many have been there and done that but may remember first time apprehensions! Thats me!

I agree with the following comments from above

1 It is not All the Aires

2 Of course books go out-of-date but some on-line databses are not kept so.

I would add that for France now 'All the Aires' has been divided into 2 volumes North and South.

We do use an old 4th Edition of All the Aires but supplemented with on-line access to both Campercontact and park4night, but even better in my opinion, and several others, is campingcars-info, which is excellent, especially for France.

I have no knowledge of Camperstop but will be looking into it.

Geoff

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We used All the Aires when we first started motorhoming as didn't know about any of the others. It was quite useful in that it is printed in English. Since we discovered Camperstop we haven't bothered with All the Aires.

Denise

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
For those advocating and using 'Camperstop', I have been on the internet to try to find information on what it looks like but so far failed.

Can somebody please help me with the following-

What maps there are and how detailed and referenced are they

What a typical page looks like

What are the methods of indexing to any particular site/aire - regional?, alphabetical etc.?

If somebody can please give me a website address where this info is available

or

some screenshots might be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
For those advocating and using 'Camperstop', I have been on the internet to try to find information on what it looks like but so far failed.

Can somebody please help me with the following-

What maps there are and how detailed and referenced are they

What a typical page looks like

What are the methods of indexing to any particular site/aire - regional?, alphabetical etc.?

If somebody can please give me a website address where this info is available

or

some screenshots might be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Geoff
Have a look at these Geoff. 01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I'm just speaking of my own experience of CamperContact V Books.
When I first started motor homing I bought all the books going. France, north and South. Portugal, Spain. etc. I then subscribed to Parking4night and CamperContact. I paid the £5 a year subscription and have never touched any of the books since. Its my go to Aire search thing. The more you use CamperContact the easier it becomes. Now I can find anywhere I want on it and I will know its up to date info. In fact I keep meaning to dump all the books, they just are a waste of space now. I also like the reviews on CamperContact and you can use CC to navigate to the locations, save putting them in the GPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
A book or an app?
I use both, but prefer the book, I have it on my Android phone.... I would prefer it on my laptop but the app isn't available on windows devices.

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Never looked at All the Aires book and found that the Aire is closed, well not in the last 10 years or maybe I've been lucky. However, have found camp sites shut and that was from an app.
It's just an urban myth about apps being better than sliced bread and All the Aires being rubbish. Fake news
Just been to
The Aire in Dunkirk...still in all the aires book..... and it’s now Closed!
Should have known as it isn’t in
Camperstop

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @Cliffdale ,
I use campercontact app , if you need any suggestions on some nice aires just ask.
Terry
By the way we were down your way last weekend visiting family at Gorran haven , l think you were away .

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Just been to
The Aire in Dunkirk...still in all the aires book..... and it’s now Closed!
Should have known as it isn’t in
Camperstop
Fair enough but I haven't been to Dunkirk anyway but I'm still holding with what I have experienced. Not one single Aire in All the Aires book we've ever been to in over ten years, sometimes 3/4 weeks a year and lately 8/10 weeks a year, have ever been shut, closed, gone, moved, etc. Every one has been there. However, there have been unsuitable ones where we have gone to and left but these would be in alternative books and apps anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back