Rocles

Free Member
Oct 10, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Firstly, I am well aware of all the Pros and Cons of A Frame towing...... and we have come to the conclusion it's not worth it to buy a "Toad" car and A Frame outright. However, I'm going ahead and having a Towbar fitted this week to the MH, as we may at some point wish to tow (either trailer or Toad), and a full width towbar also gives added rear protection too.

So, is it possible to Hire an A Frame / Tow car anywhere in the UK? Just done a few Google searches and not found anywhere...? Any relevant www links folks, please?

cheers,
Les

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
An interesting proposal.
I'd like to see the insurance that went with it
Iv'e all on getting my A Framed Toad fully covered without adding hire to it:Doh:
Good luck:thumb:
Geo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
you wont even find a hire car, from a reputable hire company, with a towbar fitted, never mind an A frame.:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
No chance....sorry but its not going to happen till hell freezes over :Sad:

Far to much legislation and risk:Sad:

OP
OP
Rocles

Rocles

Free Member
Oct 10, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As I suspected then....I shall stick to taking the pushbike on the back :)

crindle

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Car Hire

Hi Rocles.......why not hire a small car full stop ? Enterprise do great deals and will pick you up at the van where ever, take you to their office then off you go. Return the car to trhe same office and they will deliver you back to the van, really is a great service. We towed for many years but are now a year in on hiring, much less hassle IMO. Like you, we needed a dedicated tow car as the toad was to small as a family car, hence an extra vehicle to tax, insure, maintain, and accomodate. Hiring is not for everyone but its a positive for us, total hire cost last year, £400. Small car (Corsa or similar) Friday noon to Monday noon £12 per day, more expensive in the week........hope this helps......Crindle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Hi Rocles.......why not hire a small car full stop ? Enterprise do great deals and will pick you up at the van where ever, take you to their office then off you go. Return the car to trhe same office and they will deliver you back to the van, really is a great service. We towed for many years but are now a year in on hiring, much less hassle IMO. Like you, we needed a dedicated tow car as the toad was to small as a family car, hence an extra vehicle to tax, insure, maintain, and accomodate. Hiring is not for everyone but its a positive for us, total hire cost last year, £400. Small car (Corsa or similar) Friday noon to Monday noon £12 per day, more expensive in the week........hope this helps......Crindle.

Probably a more viable idea.

We did look into this so we could offer hire customers a car as well. Apart from premiums going through the roof and beyond - there was issues with the 'trailer' being insured whilst being towed. It ended up meaning that each driver would have to have goods in transit insurance plus alot of other hassle - so we didn't bother!

If you have a garage, buy a road legal quad - slip it in the garage and job done! I have seen q-pods in motorhomes too!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back