We are off next week. Help on where to go please (1 Viewer)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Borders ????
North South ????
No such things in the wanderings of a FLT
:)(y):whistle:

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Rained heavily overnight but woke up to clear blue skies. But a word of advice. Do not stay at El Rancho camperstop, CC 47766, when rain is forecast.

We are now parked in a muddy lake
20180411_083957.jpg

We obviously have chosen the worse pitch. Most of the others are much drier. Went out before I showered to wind up steadies, then washed the mud off. Hiking boots are in the garage.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We obviously have chosen the worse pitch. Most of the others are much drier. Went out before I showered to wind up steadies, then washed the mud off. Hiking boots are in the garage.
Steadies? What a softy.
We had a great time with the van rocking all night, only a light breeze on the coast compared to up here in the mountains.:)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Phil, I thought the hassle was at the south side of the border and the north was better. Have I got that wrong?
Peter, I may have my co-ords wrong as I'm referring to Aquilas !. Last year the plod were hassling campers on the beach at Playa La Carolina but none of the beaches further south as the regional boarder ends at the end of Playa La Carolina, not on their patch so couldn't touch it. Mena and I and a shed load of other motor homes were on theses beaches for quite a while and then popping into the garage on the RM33 for a service visit. Simples.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Oh dear . What great pics. Here we are in the cold and wet. Would love to be there with you. Just green with envy.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Left El Rancho and drove to Nijah. Lovely little village with an interesting history. Thanks @Lenny HB for the tip. Wandered around the little museum as well as the old village. Nice views of it
20180411_124029.jpg

We then took the AL3107 road north. It looked quite wide when we started but.......
20180411_135516.jpg

Fabulous views but I would recommend you do it during the Siesta, as we did, when it is very quiet. I would have hated to meet too much traffic coming the other way.

We then went on to Texas
20180411_152434.jpg

Then on to the A92. Sounds boring but it was far from that. The scenery was stunning with mountains on both sides and we ended up 4500ft up and above the snow line. They were obviously expecting more snow because the ploughs and gritters were out waiting for the call.

We then dropped down into Granada and on to the coach/motorhome park at the Alhambra. The most expensive Aire I have ever stopped at as it is now €30 for 24 hours. But still cheaper than a campsite and taxis.

We went and picked up our ordered tickets from the ticket office when we arrived so no queuing tomorrow hopefully. When we got back look where some plonker had parked.
20180411_194339.jpg

And bear in mind that this was a coach and motorhome only parking area which was almost empty. We went for something to eat and when we got back they had gone.

Early to bed tonight as we have a long day tomorrow.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Oh dear . What great pics. Here we are in the cold and wet. Would love to be there with you. Just green with envy.
If you were with us, and we would make you most welcome! You might be classed as a FLT, as the visits and stop over at the these two places cost us nothing. Apart from the shed loads of euros we spent on alcohol.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Left El Rancho and drove to Nijah. Lovely little village with an interesting history. Thanks @Lenny HB for the tip. Wandered around the little museum as well as the old village. Nice views of it
View attachment 224515

We then took the AL3107 road north. It looked quite wide when we started but.......
View attachment 224516
Fabulous views but I would recommend you do it during the Siesta, as we did, when it is very quiet. I would have hated to meet too much traffic coming the other way.

We then went on to Texas
View attachment 224518

Then on to the A92. Sounds boring but it was far from that. The scenery was stunning with mountains on both sides and we ended up 4500ft up and above the snow line. They were obviously expecting more snow because the ploughs and gritters were out waiting for the call.

We then dropped down into Granada and on to the coach/motorhome park at the Alhambra. The most expensive Aire I have ever stopped at as it is now €30 for 24 hours. But still cheaper than a campsite and taxis.

We went and picked up our ordered tickets from the ticket office when we arrived so no queuing tomorrow hopefully. When we got back look where some plonker had parked.
View attachment 224517
And bear in mind that this was a coach and motorhome only parking area which was almost empty. We went for something to eat and when we got back they had gone.

Early to bed tonight as we have a long day tomorrow.
Oh Please! Peter! Get a grip man! You meed to spend more time with Dave and I so we can teach you how to be a proper FLT. There is a cost however, you have to share your biscuits.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Oh dear, I hope this isn’t going to turn into another thread about churches monasteries museums and cultural BS ...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

:rofl::imoutahere:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Come on Dave lets have some pics of local watering holes.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Another update of our travels

Thursday we spent at the Alhambra Palace at Granada. Stunning setting
20180412_144818.jpg

Palaces were fabulous and richly decorated
20180412_113634.jpg

And water everywhere
20180412_122437.jpg

20180412_144650.jpg

Freezing cold day though with clouds and showers. I suspect it would have looked even better in the sunshine. And a bargain entry of about €9 each as OAPs.

We finished the visit at about 3:30 so wandered back to the van. Left the car park and drove about 20 miles South to lovelly quiet Aire at a reservoir and less than a mile from the motorway (CC 54471). It rained heavily most of the night though.

Friday saw us heading to the coast and turning right. Weather again was cloudy and showers. Filled and dumped at a garage at Nerja. Then tried to go to see the white village of Frigiliana. Road up was OK but we could not find anywhere we would be happy to park the motorhome so left without stopping.

Instead, after having lunch in the German enclave of Torrox Costa we continued on to Torre del Mar to meet up with funsters Mike and Sandra @MikeD We will probably be staying here for 2 or 3 nights.

And the sun has come out again at last this morning.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
@peterc10 . Knowing you like authentic Spanish places for food and drink, get off the front and visit the Baron just behind the campsite. ( @MikeD knows where it is)
The owner is a called Rafa who runs it with his girlfriend Carolina, and his sister Tanya who speaks fluent English. They are all very good friends of ours, do say hi from us and tell them we’ll be back later in the year. Probably some of the best food in TDM imho and good tapas with your drinks, first one always free. The rabo de toro is very good. It was our main watering hole when we lived there, as well as Carmen.

Doubtless you will also get dragged along to Cafe Italia which is also very good and very cheap, and just along the same road is the Cantina, a Mexican, where the Alhambra dish is superb.

For the best cocktails, Sirena chiringuito on the beach in front of the lighthouse does the best mohito .

Enjoy our home town!

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...Sol_Province_of_Malaga_Andalucia.html?m=19905

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well Carmen fed us a late lunch today

Beautiful fresh fish simply cooked on the BBQ on the beach. Sitting looking out over the sea. Here is Mike and Sandra's food
20180414_151459.jpg

Can't get better than that.

Been really warm and sunny today and NO WIND. A lazy stroll down the nice promenade and into town to walk some of the food and wine off. Everything looks and feels so much nicer in the warm sun and with good company.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
To many happy smiley faces . Looking great

Join us or log in to post a reply.