Taking water on board (1 Viewer)

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
Sorted my drivers seat, just a matter of adjustment!

Now I have another question, I am used to filling my water tank using whatever taps I can find, (mainly in Spain, where you have to take water on board when you can) .

I use 5ltr containers and pour them in.

To do this I have, in the past, used a white 90 degree bend as per drain pipe fittings.

But the Hymer filler has two little flats so the drain pipe fitting won't fit and anyway it's the wrong size.

Apart from using a watering can or similar, is there any fitting that will allow me to pour water in like a 90 degree bend?

Hallii

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi,

Standard gutter pipes are 68mm dia., minifit guttering is 53mm and green house guttering is 50mm dia. one of these smaller ones may work.

OP
OP
hallii

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
Thanks Lenny, I reckon the minifit downpipe shoe might do the job, off to Wickes in the morning!

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi,

Standard gutter pipes are 68mm dia., minifit guttering is 53mm and green house guttering is 50mm dia. one of these smaller ones may work.

If this is what I think it is take care.

If the 90' bend fits into the outer surround and not down the hole where the water goes, check if you have a tank breather hole fitted in the surround.

If so check the there is a breather tube attached, if not seal it off as there is a real chance that water can go direct into the MH and not the tank.

Denizen

Free Member
Sep 10, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Upper class
Exp
Um?
I don't know if this helps, but a standard garden hose pushfit female (if that makes sense!) fits and stays put in my water inlet. I can run my hose from a tap and simply jam the other end with connector into the inlet. It withstands ordinary mains pressure quite easily.

On second thoughts, I am not sure this helps at all...

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i have used a 2 litre pop bottle with a hole cut in the side its slow and takes 2 people but works and costs nil.:thumb:

OP
OP
hallii

hallii

Free Member
Apr 23, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
Exp
20 or so
No breather hole in my filler so I am OK there.

The "Minifit" shoe, sold I think for green houses etc., fits into the actual filler hole and wedges there nicely, I used to use a standard size 90 degree on my old camper that fitted into the surround and that worked well.

I once had a female push fit stuck in the filler pipe! It went in OK but it was a pig to get out, I never did that again.

Hallii

mejulie

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Caversham,Reading
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Is this any good to you?

Attachments

• heoswater.jpg
    heoswater.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 29

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
I use a variety of things. Have a heosafe filler for the hose, also have a flexible funnel (same as Manda) for filling from a container but also have a watering can with a spout than can be unscrewed and stored in the can.

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I usually use one or, if the taps further away, two Gardena roll flat hoses but found most 'aires' in Northern Portugal & France had the water supply turned off this winter (Feb & Mar).

This meant filling up at communal water supplies (village taps or a spout on the side of a hill) and my hose fittings didn't fit. So it was bucket & funnel time. A messy business & the water off the mountains is:Eeek:

Next time I'm going to use a submersible pump & the bucket. I've just bought a 2m 12v extension lead so I won't have to have an external 12v socket fitted.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I`ve got a 12 volt submersible pump on a short bit of clear tube fitted with a 12volt plug and an inline switch, it works wonders for me:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back