Anyone had Air Suspension fitted to Bailey 79-4? (1 Viewer)

Sep 8, 2017
Monmouth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4
Exp
Since March 2015
We are grounding the back end of our 79-4 on the slightest of inclines and haven’t been anywhere near a ferry ramp yet! We are therefore considering Air suspension. Have any Funsters had air suspension fitted to their Bailey? If so which make did they go for and where did they have it installed? Our dealer has suggested a Dunlop System. We are also contemplating a Levelling System - your opinions and recommendations Weill be much appreciated.

AMK

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
gainsborough
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Since 2014
Can I prasume you are thinking of air suspension to lift the back end just when you need or would you travel with the back end raised.

The reason I ask is because I was also thinking of the same.

Does anyone know how much extra lift you could get.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
I have VB Comfort Air fitted to my 75-2. Unfortunately this is not a cheap option on the low profile AMC ALKO chassis. The cost was around £2k and it was fitted by Rosmia.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Can I prasume you are thinking of air suspension to lift the back end just when you need or would you travel with the back end raised.

The reason I ask is because I was also thinking of the same.

Does anyone know how much extra lift you could get.
About 2" at the axle. Air is worthwhile for normal travelling too.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Smoother ride, affected less by turbulence from passing lorries and ride height correct regardless of load (within legal limits).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Surely if the van is grounding on slight inclines it is not fit for purpose. You should be getting your dealer to sort it, you shouldn't be spending any of your own money sorting a faulty product.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Surely if the van is grounding on slight inclines it is not fit for purpose. You should be getting your dealer to sort it, you shouldn't be spending any of your own money sorting a faulty product.

I fully agree with Lenny. If the van can't be used for what it was intended then take it back.

I passed a Bailey Dealer today and some of the vans in the yard were just far too low for UK roads.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Last time I was at E&P in Doncaster their was a Bailey in having air fitted. Mick did comment that he had done a good few for exactly the reasons you mention. Shocking that you need to go to this expense, Bailey should be doing proper design studies and trials to prevent an issue.
Contact Mick he will give you all the help you need and wont rip you off .

May 21, 2018
Didcot
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79/2f
Exp
4 years
Had my 75/2 fitted with air suspension just for the ride comfort, nothing to do with Bailey I also did it to my last one which was an Ace. Great ride comfort worth every penny. I also have a steep drive way but never needed any help from the air suspension yet. Made you my 75 a little shorter than your 79

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back