LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wool to be dropped off at old mos getting a few more balls and buttons but this is what we've picked up so far
@movan can you tag anyone of the group who will be at old mos
View attachment 224522

@Carol @jumartoo @Jenben @davanne
@SueTayBon
@Hils and Glenns

@Debs is going to Old Mos so we can sort out if it of help to you. I know I struggle finding red wool for sale in charity shops and it working out quite expensive. Paul and Kate are a great help .. xx

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Jan 24, 2016
Funster No
MH
VW Trident
Exp
Since April 2015
@Carol @jumartoo @Jenben @davanne
@SueTayBon
@Hils and Glenns

@Debs is going to Old Mos so we can sort out if it of help to you. I know I struggle finding red wool for sale in charity shops and it working out quite expensive. Paul and Kate are a great help .. xx
I won't be at Old Mo's so I am not sure why @movan tagged me. @Puddleduck I am going to the Lymington Seafood Rally and the Upton Blues Festival and the FFF meets. I was wondering if you are going to any of those as if so I could pass on my poppies to you.

49, 299 -10 = 49, 289

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I am now officially one of the gang of poppy makers - yay! I bought the last 100g ball of red yarn from Wilko at £1 a ball. I want to see how many poppies I can make from the one ball.

I went to Diss Quilters today and there was yet another appeal for incubator quilts so I may turn my attention to that appeal. I have lots of lovely children's fabrics but I will need to get cotton wadding as these little quilts are boiled before being handed over. With all these appeals we could all be occupied for years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
OK girls sorry I haven't been contributing been so so busy with one thing and another anyways I'm ready to start poppy crocheting. I tried to do two of my own design those are the two at the back of the pic. I wasn't happy with them so watched the video on page 33 the poppy in front of the pic is a poppy I did following the video. If your happy with how it looks I will get started. Can't promise to do loads as you know I I have a lot to do with Amanda but I shall do what I can I only have 1ball of red and one ball of black wool so once that's gone I shall have to source more wish me luck, let me know if your happy with them and then I'll carry on with making
IMG_20180412_215025.jpg
them x
Kind regards Kate x

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
OK girls sorry I haven't been contributing been so so busy with one thing and another anyways I'm ready to start poppy crocheting. I tried to do two of my own design those are the two at the back of the pic. I wasn't happy with them so watched the video on page 33 the poppy in front of the pic is a poppy I did following the video. If your happy with how it looks I will get started. Can't promise to do loads as you know I I have a lot to do with Amanda but I shall do what I can I only have 1ball of red and one ball of black wool so once that's gone I shall have to source more wish me luck, let me know if your happy with them and then I'll carry on with making View attachment 224740 them x
Kind regards Kate x
Kate I think @Paul and Kate are bringing some wool and buttons to Old Mo’s May Day bash I’ve found the easiest to do are the ones from @Janine ’s pattern

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
They are brilliant. Some of mine are a little bit smaller .. depends on my mood .. but they are great fill ups if small

Less Kate's 4

49,275 still to go to our target..
======

Can you imagine when we reach our first 1000 :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
They are brilliant. Some of mine are a little bit smaller .. depends on my mood .. but they are great fill ups if small .. :)

Less kate's 4

49,275 still to go

======

Can you imagine our first 1000 :)

Can we have a virtual celebration party then?

@Ven .. you are quiet ..are you ok? X

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
They are brilliant. Some of mine are a little bit smaller .. depends on my mood .. but they are great fill ups if small .. :)

Less kate's 4

49,275 still to go

======

Can you imagine our first 1000 :)

Can we have a virtual celebration party then?

@Ven .. you are quiet ..are you ok? X

scottie

Free Member
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Well, even I have had a look, watched a few you tube videos, thought I can do that. Did the same with ukelele last year, now play at a jam every second week and a beginners and improvers alternate week. About 120 of us at the jam each time. Need something else that' a bit different, so will get my kit in the next few days. Fingers crossed,

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Joy and all the other crafters,

I am fine but been busy in Beni with my sister for a couple of weeks (she flew in to see us) and now we are at Calpe to recover ;) Spent a lovely day yesterday with @BreweryDave and Jackie.

I am working on a skinny scarf now and will do poppies in between, I have a little black and purple yarn left but still need to get some red. Apologies for my slacking :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Anyone else struggle finding black wool in charity shops? It's costing me a fortune in proper wool shops ...

Looks like soon be party time ... @scottie have to say really admire you taking up the challenge here ... all these wimmin. Good on you.

The rest of you men ... shame on you. :sneaky:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Anyone else struggle finding black wool in charity shops? It's costing me a fortune in proper wool shops ...
Joy I got some in Home Bargains I think it was only 99p if you need some and you haven’t got a home bargains nearby I could send you some:)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
And done ...

20180414_132253.jpg

They are all with the Aldi dark red wool but look pinkish on the photos.

I've yet to acquire black wool or buttons for the centre's. I've then got a job to do to finish them all off. 'Twill be done tho' (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back