Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Having just read about Revolut offering their new 'Disposable Virtual Card' I wondered what thoughts you may have on it's suitability and just how welcome it would be?

The cost is just £72 per year but that's another£72 on top of all the other costs.

See there email ,

Dear Griff
Online card fraud is running rampant across Europe right now, increasing by nearly 10% in 2016 to €1.8 billion, with France and the UK at the top of the list.

In the last two years, we've been at the forefront of tackling card fraud, from allowing customers to freeze / unfreeze their cards to disabling features like contactless or swipe payments and even ATM withdrawals.

So, to enhance our efforts in this area and improve the appeal of our Premium accounts, we've launched Disposable Virtual Cards so that you can make safe and secure online payments.

Awesome, but how does the card work?

It's incredibly simple. Each time you make an online payment with a Disposable Virtual Card, our systems will instantly detect the transaction and then automatically destroy those card details, generating new ones that will appear directly in the app.

You can upgrade to Revolut Premium for £6.99 per month or £72 per year, and create a free disposable virtual card in seconds for secure online payments. Premium offers a bunch of other perks including worldwide medical insurance, £400 free ATM withdrawals per month and instant access to cryptocurrency exchange!

Great. Now how do I set one up?

• You need to be an existing Premium customer or upgrade to Premium
  • Make sure you have updated to the latest version of the app
  • Head over to the ‘Cards’ tab in the app
  • From the ‘Add New Card’ screen, select ‘virtual card’
  • Swipe right to 'Disposable Virtual Card' and tap on the pink button

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Griff
It appears to be for online purchases only, so I wouldn’t bother.
Furthermore the app alerts me every time I make a transaction, so I’d soon know if my card was being used without my permission.
Plus you can disable online transactions in the app, as these are probably the highest risk ones.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I don't bother with the Premium version.

The standard card does everything I need and more...

JJ :cool:

PS. This very hour, I have learnt how to (and set up) make money transfers from my Revolut card to my Portuguese bank.

So...

Part of UK pension loaded onto Revolut card. (Free)

Convert some to Euros (interbank exchange rate at the time I do this)

Send some to my Portuguese bank. (Free)

All done from my smart phone whilst lounging around in the sun (rain today).

REVOLUT ROOLS...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I'm aware of all that Robert, but thank you for reinforcing it all. I'm still a big fan of Revolut, and whilst I rarely use my Rev card on-line I'm struggling to see the advantage for exactly the reasons you give.

Think I'll save the £72; I need to as her indoors has decided that she need s a complete new wardrobe for our Cruise this year, else some of the guests will notice the same dress as last time. Yeah right!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I'm aware of all that Robert, but thank you for reinforcing it all. I'm still a big fan of Revolut, and whilst I rarely use my Rev card on-line I'm struggling to see the advantage for exactly the reasons you give.

Think I'll save the £72; I need to as her indoors has decided that she need s a complete new wardrobe for our Cruise this year, else some of the guests will notice the same dress as last time. Yeah right!

I avoid all the stresses and strains caused by these types of decision making simply by being poor.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You're lucky, my 22 year old underpants (M&S) are just about falling to pieces; so I put it to you that I am Poorerer than thou!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Becoming a Premium member has a number of advantages which individually do not necessarily warrant the extra cost in my opinion. As has been said the ability to sniff a transaction almost as it is made via the app does negate quite considerably the need for a virtual card, indeed just switching online transactions on and off seems to me a better option. The unlimited FX transactions option is a premium feature which drove me to sign up, at least for a year whilst I need to make large Euro payments for my new van, so worth the £72 for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back