Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Devon Monte Carlo van con
Exp
many years
I am just about to buy a Suzuki Address and I contacted Flint insurance - my present broker - for a quote. They are struggling with 90 day european use. I am sure if I looked on here long enough I would find the answer, but who do I use to insure it?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I have Hastings. 90 day but with minimum insurance covered in that country with my lovely Suzuki address.
1 years no claims, full bike licence held for 30 years, 1 year old bike, I think it was £105 no recovery as my theory is that I can pick it up in the motorhome.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Adrian Flux does all of my bikes & my MoHo - as some of my bikes are a bit unusual, it's nice to talk to a person.

Jun 16, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590 RS
Exp
4 years.
We used Bikesure insurance cost £109 with 3 mths EU cover & have had our Suzuki Address for just over a year now (loaded on scooter rack on the back of the Motorhome),& find it great for getting about while on sites in Spain & elsewhere. We are sure you will enjoy it!.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Exp
many years
Update on the Suzuki Address. Getting insurance turned out to be a nightmare. I tried all the above contacts and only one would even give me a quote. Because my registered address is in west London and the bike would be kept in the back garden, most insurers would not even quote. This is an assumption on my part because the reason for not quoting is never revealed. Eventually, I talked to Aviva directly and obtained comprehensive cover with European use for up to 90 days on each occasion for the sum of £193 Bearing in mind I have ten years ncb, ROSPA gold, IAM, and have been regularly riding bikes for 54 years, that is - frankly- ridiculous. My last insurance was £45 for a 400cc at a different address.The good news is that I have now bought the bike and it fits in the back of my Monte Carlo liked it growed there. I can still keep the whole outfit under 6 metres and I can leave the bike in the van overnight and sleep at the front when transiting. What joy to have a bike to take with me. Now I have to decide whether to leave the electric bike behind or squeeze it in for exercise.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Update on the Suzuki Address. Getting insurance turned out to be a nightmare. I tried all the above contacts and only one would even give me a quote. Because my registered address is in west London and the bike would be kept in the back garden, most insurers would not even quote. This is an assumption on my part because the reason for not quoting is never revealed. Eventually, I talked to Aviva directly and obtained comprehensive cover with European use for up to 90 days on each occasion for the sum of £193 Bearing in mind I have ten years ncb, ROSPA gold, IAM, and have been regularly riding bikes for 54 years, that is - frankly- ridiculous. My last insurance was £45 for a 400cc at a different address.The good news is that I have now bought the bike and it fits in the back of my Monte Carlo liked it growed there. I can still keep the whole outfit under 6 metres and I can leave the bike in the van overnight and sleep at the front when transiting. What joy to have a bike to take with me. Now I have to decide whether to leave the electric bike behind or squeeze it in for exercise.
Registered address and being kept in back garden is the clue I would look at first.
£193 with all those discounts and proven ability, deary me

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Given your location & that it won't be garaged £193 sounds cheap

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Crumbs Stewart .. never known anyone cram so much into your size van!!! Good on you!

Bike Sure never let me down when I needed them but garaging WAS an issue.

Hope you get sorted. :)

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
At the end of the day the cost of motor and household insurance has quite a lot more to do with postcode, than it has logic.

OP
OP
Stewart

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Exp
many years
Another update! I rode the bike for the first time today and I have to agree with the other riders on this site- it is a great little bike. I bought a used one with full service history and when I checked, there are a couple of recalls that need doing. One is for a new ignition switch and the other for the cvt transmission nut. It has been booked in at Fowlers in Bristol in a couple of weeks. I am not over impressed with the servicing. The front brake caliper is not releasing properly and is causing some drag. It is a single piston floating caliper and a bit of silicon grease will fix it. That should give me another 3 mph! Needless to say, the first thing I did was a top speed test, and under favourable conditions it showed 62 on the clock. After brake surgery, I am expecting an indicated 65. For a 113cc scooter, I think that is perfectly acceptable. Roll on some weather to enjoy it.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Another update! I rode the bike for the first time today and I have to agree with the other riders on this site- it is a great little bike. I bought a used one with full service history and when I checked, there are a couple of recalls that need doing. One is for a new ignition switch and the other for the cvt transmission nut. It has been booked in at Fowlers in Bristol in a couple of weeks. I am not over impressed with the servicing. The front brake caliper is not releasing properly and is causing some drag. It is a single piston floating caliper and a bit of silicon grease will fix it. That should give me another 3 mph! Needless to say, the first thing I did was a top speed test, and under favourable conditions it showed 62 on the clock. After brake surgery, I am expecting an indicated 65. For a 113cc scooter, I think that is perfectly acceptable. Roll on some weather to enjoy it.
I actually enjoyed getting pulled over by the gendarmes last year doing 70 mph 2 up downhill with the wind behind us and the wife farting like a trooper.
I knew exactly what he was thinking. 50 cc motor zooped up. He was astounded when he found out it was 110 and we chatted about the motor for a bit (which was good as I didnt have my v5 on me! Have copy of it on the phone now)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back