Chausson Flash 04 - it's sooooo cute!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thought I'd put a posting on about our new pride and joy. :RollEyes:

Well, we picked it up last Monday from Highbridge Caravans near Burton on Sea, Somerset, some 250 miles from us (cracking deal hence the travelling). :thumb:

Then we spent a few days in the area to make sure it was okay before going to the Peterborough show for a few days with the Funsters at our first gathering with them. :Cool:

At Highrbridge, the technician chap, Phil, moved our solar panel across as well as the 2nd leisure battery, and had already installed the 'free' Status 530 aerial in the wardrobe, doing an extremely need job as he'd had to cut through the top shelf to get enough length for the pole. Plus he also offered to put the bike rack on for us that we took - the Chausson already had the brackets fitted so it was a matter of hooking on the rack and drilling the holes once the correct length was ascertained, so quite easy fortunately.

It took ages to move our stuff from the Rimor to the Chausson, then off to our CL to turf it all out again and sort it properly! Hubby had already bought some replacement LED bulbs so he set to changing all of those and I attacked the memory foam mattress topper with some scissors as the bed has a taper to it (the Rimor's didn't have). One problem that became obvious on the first use of the toilet with the heating on was 'cooked leg' syndrome, the heater vent being immediately beside your right thigh!!! We've since sorted that by putting a different vent outlet on so it can be closed off.

We had an awning put on at Peterborough by the Johns Cross lads which was a very good price (with the 5% discount too! ::bigsmile:). They did a marvelous job as it wasn't easy - they had to cut away part of the decorative trim to do it.:Eeek: Made a very professional job of it though (despite reservations at first!).

We took to the new MH immediately, as if we'd always had it, no settling in problems at all (once I remembered where the dog food was!). Hubby says it drives really well although a little heavier on the steering, but no surprise at it's a front wheel drive (our Rimor was a rear wheel drive). I haven't had the chance to get behind the wheel yet (couldn't prise hubby away from it!), but will do this weekend hopefully. ::bigsmile:

The diesel heating is very good and it is easier to keep a constant temperature than the Truma gas boiler/heater. The van also felt warmer overnight as I think the insulation is better too.

The only MH 'problem' we seem to be having is with the Smev grill which likes to 'worry' the bread rather than toast ... will give it a few more goes to see if it gets any better. If anyone else has one of these, I'd be grateful to know if they're all like this or if we are unlucky.

There is a problem we seem to be causing ourselves though which is forgetting that we have a smaller fridge ... we stocked up in a supermarket and then realised it was going to be 'difficult' to get it all in there!!! We managed ... just. :Blush:

We've also found an 'added extra' which we spotted danging under the van yesterday - it's got trailer electrics installed! It was a standard item on the base vehicle before conversion so if we ever want to tow it'll be a simple task of putting on a bar/ball and off we go as the chassis comes right to the back!

We're getting a spare wheel (can't be doing with gunge and compressors) - £90 for a new wheel and tyre off a 'damaged writeoff' new Transit with delivery mileage only (late last year).

If anyone has a Ford and wants to know their base vehicle spec/details, then have a look at the follwing site - do the enquiry using your vehicle's VIN number as the registration number search often doesn't work.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Below is what I found out about mine.

Attachments

• Ford ETIS page 2.jpg
    Ford ETIS page 2.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 64

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We had an awning put on at Peterborough by the Johns Cross lads which was a very good price (with the 5% discount too! ::bigsmile:). They did a marvelous job as it wasn't easy - they had to cut away part of the decorative trim to do it.:Eeek: Made a very professional job of it though (despite reservations at first!).

Thanks for that, I will pass it on to them, pleased your happy with the new van as well:thumb:

Peter

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
You sound really thrilled with your new van :Smile: Pleased to hear you like it so much - it's one of the vans at the top of my shortlist, so will be keeping an eye out to hear how you go on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well, we've been 'tinkering' with the 'van again today, hubby has been sorting the garage out to get all our clobber in: 2 bikes, 2 inflatable (proper) canoes, paddles, buoyancy aids, pump, tools, screens, etc, etc. He got it all in with a bit of room to spare.:Smile:

I've been putting up my tea/coffee/sugar set, kitchen roll holder, coat hooks, soap dispenser, pull-out clothes drier, making a kitchen worktop extension, fitting some carpet in the bathroom (don't like cold floors!), and other bits and pieces so it now feels more like 'home'.::bigsmile:

Not sure if we'll get to use it overnight this weekend unfortunately, but might get a day trip in on Sunday to a brilliant car boot sale to find some bits and bobs I need ... weather permitting of course!:RollEyes:

Next big job is to make the seat covers - got 3 large pieces of nice plush material from a charity shop (proper upholstery stuff) in a nice mid-blue colour with a bit of check/small squares pattern on, so should do the job nicely. Not looking forward to attacking the cab seats though - they are an absolute pain to do at the best of times to make a good job of it ... at least I can finally try out my new 'Lidl special' sewing machine in anger.:thumb:

Trying to think of a name for the MH ... as it's a bit wider that our Rimor, so I might call it Antony as my Mum calls Antony La Paglia (from "Without a Trace"), chubby chops!!!:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back