Rally Chat Lymington Rally August 2018 - Isle Of Wight Day Trip (1 Viewer)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
The coach company has suggested “Hi Chris
You’re that side of the island so start at the Needles then go along Military road past Black gang over the top drop down into Ventnor (Botanic Gardens) perhaps then go
inland to Godshill for a spot of lunch,then see what time it was have a word with the driver then plan the afternoon.But the coach is yours for the day to do as you wish ?.”

So I propose to go with that.

In order to confirm booking, I should be paying for the trip shortly. The cost of the coach is £380, which works out at about £10 per head. We also agreed £2 per dog.

I have set up a special bank account for this. The account detail is C P Edwards account 63052768, Sort Code 30-96-18. Please pay £10 per head plus £2 per dog by online payment, and send me a PM to confirm your booking. If you cannot make online payments please PM me so we can arrange another method. Please make the payment to me by 26th April.

If this £10 per head leaves a small surplus or is not quite enough, I propose to settle in cash, on the day, after paying the driver a reasonable tip.

Please also make your Ferry Bookings directly. I understand some of you want to use Tesco or other discount vouchers so there is no benefit in making a block booking. To connect with the coach, please book the 0845 going and 1910 return ( or later return if you are staying longer in Yarmouth. The date is 13th August 2018.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
For the Ferry, when ready to book don't forget to go to Wightlink via Quidco for possible 4.5% cashback & use discount code
SP18FUNCLU - it is working now & valid for bookings for car & foot passengers from 10th-20th August.

Cost is £14.58 each return including the 10% discount.

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Would you say the early morning is the correct one for the 8.45 booking. You have the choice ot early morning , late morning , early afternoon, late afternoon and evening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
W
Would you say the early morning is the correct one for the 8.45 booking. You have the choice ot early morning , late morning , early afternoon, late afternoon and evening.
When you book, select early morning on the first page, then on the next page you pick from the available times , so choose 0845 there.

By the way, anyone over 60 don’t make the same mistake I did: select “Senior 60+”, not Adult. It is £6 instead of £16!

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Lymington. Re isle of Wight trip. Just paid my £10 coach trip and will book my ferry crossing when the man fitting my new window has buggered off! At last, the burglary window is being replaced today.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
W

When you book, select early morning on the first page, then on the next page you pick from the available times , so choose 0845 there.

By the way, anyone over 60 don’t make the same mistake I did: select “Senior 60+”, not Adult. It is £6 instead of £16!
The Senior rate is a great price especially with our Fun 10% discount code too as works out as £10.88 return (y) or you need Tesco vouchers to cover £12.10 each.
If you are younger then £14.58 after discount or vouchers needed for £16.20 each.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I see, the £6.05 senior rate is each way. That’s ok then, I only overpaid by £3.70!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The Senior rate is a great price especially with our Fun 10% discount code too as works out as £10.88 return (y) or you need Tesco vouchers to cover £12.10 each.
If you are younger then £14.58 after discount or vouchers needed for £16.20 each.
Don't forget to go to Wightlink via Quidco as 4% cashback - it all adds up :)
If anyone is a Blue Badge holder then there is 25% discount for foot passengers already in place via the website http://www.wightlink.co.uk/go/discounts/offer/up-to-25-discount-for-blue-badge-holders/
Also if you are AA & C&CC members you can go via their links for 15% discount but 10% was the best we could get for Fun this time although Quidco cashback would apply too.

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks Wendy. That’s helpful. Glad I held off this morning!

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
I’m missing something, probably intelligence, but which bit of the IoW are we going to on the ferry?

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Ferry all booked, quidco ( not recieved yet ), senior discount and fun discount cost me £ 10.88 rtn

Muriel

Free Member
Oct 5, 2016
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Ferry booked £9.68 via C&CC (with Wendy's help):)

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I had to laugh when I saw £2 per dog. ::bigsmile: I take it they will supply free chews for doggy in the price. Also does this mean the dog gets a seat as well. Mine is a Great Dane he always takes up two seats so is that £4 and can he have double chews as well.

Of course i'm only joking :Grin:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I had to laugh when I saw £2 per dog. ::bigsmile: I take it they will supply free chews for doggy in the price. Also does this mean the dog gets a seat as well. Mine is a Great Dane he always takes up two seats so is that £4 and can he have double chews as well.

Of course i'm only joking :Grin:
I know you are joking, we just made it a nominal cost for the dogs so that the non doggy people felt a bit better about it as the dogs (including mine) will restrict us a bit. We were lucky to get a coach company that would allow dogs, and they do not allow them in seats. I hope the smaller dogs don’t become chews for the big ones!:D

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
I know you are joking, we just made it a nominal cost for the dogs so that the non doggy people felt a bit better about it as the dogs (including mine) will restrict us a bit. We were lucky to get a coach company that would allow dogs, and they do not allow them in seats. I hope the smaller dogs don’t become chews for the big ones!:D

Oh dear in that case Snorbits will have to stay at home and I will have to bring Chippy the Chiwawa, he can sit on my lap. Two tenners should be arriving shortly by Greyhound Express.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
You’re that side of the island so start at the Needles then go along Military road past Black gang over the top drop down into Ventnor (Botanic Gardens) perhaps then go
inland to Godshill for a spot of lunch,then see what time it was have a word with the driver then plan the afternoon.But the coach is yours for the day to do as you wish ?.”

In order to confirm booking, I should be paying for the trip shortly. The cost of the coach is £380, which works out at about £10 per head. We also agreed £2 per dog.

I have set up a special bank account for this. The account detail is C P Edwards account 63052768, Sort Code 30-96-18. Please pay £10 per head plus £2 per dog by online payment, and send me a PM to confirm your booking. If you cannot make online payments please PM me so we can arrange another method. Please make the payment to me by 26th April.

If this £10 per head leaves a small surplus or is not quite enough, I propose to settle in cash, on the day, after paying the driver a reasonable tip.

Please also make your Ferry Bookings directly. I understand some of you want to use Tesco or other discount vouchers so there is no benefit in making a block booking. To connect with the coach, please book the 0845 going and 1910 return ( or later return if you are staying longer in Yarmouth. The date is 13th August 2018.
Quick update: I have received deposits for 15 people so far. A couple of weeks to go so I’m not too nervous yet! If anyone has decided not to go, please let me know.

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi
Very sorry but it turns out I will be working on the dates of the rally so we won't be able to make it after all. :(. Very sorry. So can you take Hils and Glenns off the list for coach trip and site. Please let me know if we owe anything.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Hi
Very sorry but it turns out I will be working on the dates of the rally so we won't be able to make it after all. :(. Very sorry. So can you take Hils and Glenns off the list for coach trip and site. Please let me know if we owe anything.
Thanks for letting me know. You don’t owe anything. Sorry we won’t be meeting up though!

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi
Nooooo :crying1:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Update: I still have deposits for 15 people out of the 46 on the list. I now have the invoice from the coach company which is £360, so we need a few more deposits before we can pay it.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
... so as a late comer as always can I join in, can you add 2 to the list and do I just book the ferry separately? What about the bus? There are so many threads and replies it's confusing for a bear of limited brain!

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
... so as a late comer as always can I join in, can you add 2 to the list and do I just book the ferry separately? What about the bus? There are so many threads and replies it's confusing for a bear of limited brain!
Hi yes, @Dorwyn, I will add you on. The coach is £360 between whoever comes ( hope it will be £10 each). Yes you book the ferry yourself.
Relevant posts are quoted below:

For the Ferry, when ready to book don't forget to go to Wightlink via Quidco for possible 4.5% cashback & use discount code
SP18FUNCLU - it is working now & valid for bookings for car & foot passengers from 10th-20th August.

Cost is £14.58 each return including the 10% discount.

W

Don't forget to go to Wightlink via Quidco as 4% cashback - it all adds up :)
If anyone is a Blue Badge holder then there is 25% discount for foot passengers already in place via the website http://www.wightlink.co.uk/go/discounts/offer/up-to-25-discount-for-blue-badge-holders/
Also if you are AA & C&CC members you can go via their links for 15% discount but 10% was the best we could get for Fun this time although Quidco cashback would apply too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back