6 amps (1 Viewer)

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Just had a good weekend on an Haven site in North Wales ,and like you do just looking for booking another Haven Lakeside in cumbria, Pitch with electrics ,£10 pn ,what am i likely to get for 6amps in other words what can i run ????
oddjob

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
You would have to look at the wattage on your appliances. Saying that when I worked off a Yellow Box Transformer it would only give out 8amps and we didnt trip anything anywhere.

Just be aware of what your switching on.

Jim
:Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
You can live quite OK with 6 Amps provided as said you check wattage before turning on.

Don't take big kettle for a start.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Just had a good weekend on an Haven site in North Wales ,and like you do just looking for booking another Haven Lakeside in cumbria, Pitch with electrics ,£10 pn ,what am i likely to get for 6amps in other words what can i run ????
oddjob

Rule of thumb:-

Volts x Amps equal Watts, less say 10% for losses and such like.:thumb:

so 6amp will give you the ability to run appliances totalling no more than about (to be on the safe side) 1300 watts. Fridge is about 150 watts, Electric water heater and heating you'll need to check you handbook, kettle can be anything up to 2000watts, but check the rating of yours, toaster about 1000 watts (but again check). So as you can see with those figures you would trip the pitch twice or three times over. This doesn't take into account your charger unit, stereo, 240v TV, computer, etc. A bit of an investigation may save you a bit of embarrassment when you have to ask the warders to reset your connection. :RollEyes: :Blush:

Any help?

John

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Thanks for your help
Just done a quick check what do you think?
Kettle 200-900 watt
TV 12v dc 4.8amp (56watt)
toaster 800 watt
water heater not sure :RollEyes:
fridge 125 watt
oddjob

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Thanks for your help
Just done a quick check what do you think?
Kettle 200-900 watt
TV 12v dc 4.8amp (56watt)
toaster 800 watt
water heater not sure :RollEyes:
fridge 125 watt
oddjob

Use a gas (Whistling Kettle) and have fried bread in a tomato juice instead of the electric kettle and toast.

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Use a gas (Whistling Kettle) and have fried bread in a tomato juice instead of the electric kettle and toast.
so as long as i dont use the kettle and toaster at the same time it should be ok???:thumb:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
so as long as i dont use the kettle and toaster at the same time it should be ok???:thumb:

Just what I was about to suggest, but I would also check and see what your water heater is rated at, as that and either of the other two may push you over. But what the hell, you could just grovel and call him sir (if it's a him) or ma'am (if it isn't - but don't mix them up :winky:) and promise you won't be naughty again. ::bigsmile:

John

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just to make sure you dont trip the site leccy you could do worse than one of these gadgets

owl energy monitor

simply connect the sensor and set the parameters and you can see at a glance how much leccy you are using. refreshed every couple of seconds.

set the alarm to just below the sites max amps and you'll never accidently trip the site again :thumb:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
On a 6amp mcb (trip/breaker/fuse) if you work on 4 amps a 1000w (1kw) you will have no problems all your 240v appliancies will have a kw rating on them just run under 1500w (1.5kw) at one any time and you will have no problems. You can more or less ignore onboard 12v usage. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back