Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We had a lovely time at Peterborough meeting many new funsters and catching up with funsters we had met before.

We had glorious weather for April apart from the rain overnight and early this morning.

Thanks so much Bryan and Suzy for your hospitality.

Thanks to everyone for everything

Our journey hope was a little eventful and its due to both the hard shoulder and Tony's driving skills that we are home safe and sound with the motorhome intact. Some mad boy racer trying to make up a 3rd lane nearly went into the side of us when he started to lose control of his vehicle. Wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt stolen.

Hope you all have safe journeys wherever you are headed.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
so pleased you enjoyed yourselves. Hope you spared a thought for those of us left behind:Doh::cry: Looking forward to the photos.:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just made an album for Peterborough, so if you have any photos, please upload them here Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We are back, had a good time. Sold the bike rack, which offset some of the spent cash!!! Finanlly succumed and bought a Nature Pure filter - took me 4 years to decide!!! Thanks to Brian and Suzy for there time and effort spent organising the Rally. Looking forward to Newbury in a months time. No pictures, forgot my camera for the first time ever!!!!!!

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks Bryan & Suzie for a great weekend , thanks for letting us gate crash your coffee morning and Saturdays entertainment as we were parked over on the council estate ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

See you all at Stratford

Ash ( Lynn & Steve )

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yeah, we are just back after the weekend. Thank you to Bryan and Suzy and Pamela and Nigel for showing us our very well made and prepared pitch of 50m2. It must of taken some time to do that so well done. Thank you for feeding me as well.
I was however a little dissapointed with the level of noise made at this meet. On both nights i retired to bed at 10pm and was kept awake by the noise. On the Saturday night I had to telephone the security office to complain about the noise. :Sad:

I was also shocked to see someone had ordered a lap dancer in for the evening. Im so glad I never stayed awake for that. :Sad:

This morning I awoke to find copulous amounts of whiskey bottles clogging up the bins, When I went for my 6 am morning walk I was shocked to see people still asleep, there were even by the looks of things some funsters whom had not even returned there chairs.

So all in all not the best meet.

However,

My twin brother whom took my wife out for the weekend appears to of really enjoyed himself. He is so embarrasing that guy. As I understand it he spent the evening wandering around various pockets of people drinking there coke which had been poisoned with whiskey and really enjoying him self. He reported that this morning he had a really bad head, and that he had been plied with whiskey by all and sundry. Apparently he even got a lap dance :whatthe: He also as I understand it rang tick 59 late in to the evening to ask them to act as a translator in his conversation with a bunch of Geordies whom by there own admission were more wasted than he was. :Cool::Blush:
So I would like to apologise for his behaviour and I have now locked him in his room :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Glad you got home ok Gail.

I am still here at Peterborough. It has been (and still is) excellent...

I beat the system and am now parked with the Funsters (despite their best efforts to keep me off!!!)

Not only did I miss Nooky Bear last night (arrived at the venue too late but Cannon and Ball made up for it) but apparently I missed the lap dancing as well...

Better advertising of the times of these events in future??? :winky:

JJ

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I beat the system and am now parked with the Funsters (despite their best efforts to keep me off!!!)

Not only did I miss Nooky Bear last night (arrived at the venue too late but Cannon and Ball made up for it) but apparently I missed the lap dancing as well...

Better advertising of the times of these events in future??? :winky:

JJ

Glad you enjoyed Cannon and Ball, Carl65 will be pleased.

So pleased you finally got into the funster area too.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
You all seemed to have had a good time, think someone else needs locking in their room for telling porkies, lol. Sorry we couldnt make this event but Emily has to compete in sailing events and yesterday she didnt do quite as well as last weekend but she came in 6th place and 2nd girl.

Gail - we are trying to organise a sailing comp whilst we are at Mersea.

Dale

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
:Sad:On the way back from Scotland, all down the A1, new motorhomes flew past us, its amazing how a motorhome on trade plates goes a lot faster:Eeek:, we slept in a layby on the A1 close to Peterborough, so decided to just pop in on Saturday, nice day and nice and warm:thumb:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Thanks Bryan, Suzy, Pamela and Nigel

Thanks for a great weekend at Peterborough show.
the weather for friday and saturday was brilliant, and the entertainment on saturday night was great too.(funsters entertainment that is)
hope to see you all soon at the next meet.
Bob and Val

Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Back in Swindon safe and sound even with a 40 mile detour at Oxford.Anyone heading that way on the A34 it is shut at peartree intersection whilst they replace bridge pillars.

Enough of that what I really came on for was to thank Suzi and Bryan for their excellent work over the weekend.

Pete:thumb:

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Woooo what a superb weekend the funsters got the weather and also had a good time, a little to much drink was consumed buy me and woke with a head from hell, :Sad:
but all in all we had wonderfull weekend I would like to thank Bryan and Suzy for your hospitality and well organized rally also thanks to Pamela and Nigel who were as ever there to help,

jj glad you had a good night thanks for buying the ticket also thanks to Gail for selling it for me.

looking foward to the next meet with a little less to drink me thinks !!! :winky:

have some photos to put up will do this soon !!!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Rita and I would like to thank Suzy & Brian, and Pamala & Nigel for all their hard work and efforts to make sure that we all had a good meet.
It was a healthy turnout with a great crowd.

And no, we don't normally watch satellite TV enroute, even though the dish was still be up when we departed. :Blush:.............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks again,

Jock & Rita.

tan

Free Member
Nov 17, 2009
Braintree. Essex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
3 years
home from peterborough

Thanks to suzi and bryan for their help and welcome our first meet but not our last all the funster are very welcoming to a newcomer and would like to thank you all and would recommend any newbe to try to get to a meet and experience the friendlyness for themselves thanks again

Terry and Brenda

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Big up from 'woman' and me to Suzy Bryan, Pam and Nigel ( even though we wuzz robbed in the quiz LOL !!! )

Cheers folks !! Yet another bloody amazing weekend with the Funsters ! :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Woooo what a superb weekend the funsters got the weather and also had a good time, a little to much drink was consumed buy me and woke with a head from hell, :Sad:

Well, Carl,what can I say, Dont blame ya self though, probably those fockers parked next to ya:ROFLMAO:

see ya all soon. :thumb:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Arrived back safe and sound from Peterborough after another fantastic weekend with all the funsters, Wonderful weather Friday & Saturday and Sunday after overnight rain, many thanks to Brian & Suzy for being the perfect hosts,:thumb: but would ask that you see that Blisters ( Graham) is locked in his van till at least 9.00 am after he very kindly came knocking on our van telling us to get up you lazy b.....gers its 9.25 AM when in fact it was only 7.15 am, the silly person had his watch set on a different time to anyone else and he said I wondered why there were no funsters up and about on Saturday morning the daft plonker. Beware Graham I will get my own back when your not looking :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mick & Sheila

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We're still here, but i doubt anyone notices, as we've been unsociable all weekend,
tho our rats were a lot better at meting people,

sorry about that, was nice that people came to say hello tho,

i've been playing with vinyl cutting all weekend and have done my back in, and helen isnt really into these shows, she is also not keen on crowds.

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Like to add our thanks to Bryan and Suzy, and Nigel and pammy your new fiver is brill,

Also to all the other funsters for making it a night to remember on Saturday, Mostly cause of all the bad heads on the Sun morning.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
not home but in ferry meadows peterborough but want to thank Bryan and Suzy for their welcome and friendliness on our first meet, met a few new friends and hope that we will still remain that way, will certainly going on another rally as all the funsters are very nice people good to put faces to the names!!

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Just made an album for Peterborough, so if you have any photos, please upload them here Link Removed

1/2 doz photos now in album.

Many thanks to Bryan and Suzy for organising the meet. Nice to meet more funsters and we had a great time, roll on Stratford. ::bigsmile:

Raoul

Free Member
Mar 5, 2008
Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
since the summer of 2007
Another great weekend by the funsters, Many thanks to Bryan, Suzy, Nigel & Pamela for being such fine hosts,:thumb: Enjoy your trip over the water and come back soon:thumb: we will all miss you:cry::cry: Have fun.
It was great meeting with old and new friends, looking forward to the next time,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Raoul

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We have just got back .

We had a great time and many thanx to Suzi and Bryan it was great to meet everyone .

Paul & Lynne

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks for a great w/end Suzzy and Brian,was realy enjoyable.Had a sore head on Sunday,but that was my own fault.Look forward to seeing you all again,dont know were dont know when but am sure we will.Love Dave.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We are back home safe and sound from another great Funster meet. We had a great time, the Funster meets just seem to get better and better. It was great to meet up with old friends and to make new ones. Our special thanks to Bryan & Suzy and to Pamala & Nigel for hosting the meet.

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
peterborough

just got back from yet another amazing weekend thanks to bryan and suzie nigel and pamela well done was great seeing friends both old and new and especially the new girl carla.lol think steve has a crush on her.looking forward to next meet:Smile:

quicksam

Free Member
Sep 27, 2008
Kiskunhalas - Hungary
Funster No
Exp
4 years
What a brilliant weekend !

Fantastic weekend, weather was good, company was excellent and the hosts were out of this world. Show was ok as well !!
Thanks Bryan and Suzie you really made these virgins feel comfortable....:winky::winky:

John & Lesley
xxx

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Thank you suzy,brains,pamela & nigel

Wow what a meet:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Big thanks to all the funsters for making it a great meet but must say a HUGE THANKS to Suzy & Bryan aided by Nigel & Pamela made it a ball :notworthy:

Going to miss you four when you take off on your travels::bigsmile:riving2:

Downside banged my blooming head 5 times and that was when I as sober:Doh::cry:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We are home from a brilliant weekend - thanks to all the Funsters for your help & hospitality.
Special thanks to Bryan & Susie for the organisation (Up to your normal impecible standard), thanks to Jaws for his technical input. (John, you are the Satellite Guru ::bigsmile:)
Thanks to Scran for keeping out Rosie company and to Stevie & Marilyn for their hospitality & good crack.::bigsmile:

PS Special Thanks to JJ for just being JJ ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back