Sep 22, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenze 2007
Exp
newbie - again
Hi all,

I need to pick up my daughter and granddaughters in a few weeks at Alicante Airport.

What is it like to get them collected in the MH? They will be arriving at 10pm.

Cheers
Marco

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Marco , I'm in and out of Alicante airport seems more than a cab driver. :eek:
I will be there in the morning dropping Janie off, look at this picture and you will see Playa Perros just off the N332 heading back towards alicante.
Screenshot_20180228-201418.jpg

Park there until your daughter phones you, it only takes 5 minutes back to airport if you catch the lights right. ;)
Tell your daughter to go upstairs to departures before she phones you !
When you drive in stay on the top follow departures and you will see taxi lane on the Right you stay in left lane and go into the express car park take a ticket barrier lifts you get 15 minutes free, drive through put ticket into out barrier and off you go. (y)
And if you wanted to fly Chris Parking on the picture is very good safe and inside parking. :D2 Bob.

OP
OP
moggyg

moggyg

Free Member
Sep 22, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ace Firenze 2007
Exp
newbie - again
Thanks @bobandjanie. A very comprehensive guide...

When you were giving the intro I thought you were gonna offer to pick them up for a price!

Ciao

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
I wait in the parking area of the old airport (area to the right after the airport access roundabout) until my pickup phones me to say she is waiting at the Departures level outside Costa Coffee and then drive up the ramp to Departures. I stay in the right hand lane, avoiding the short time parking and their barriers, and make the pick up outside Costa Coffee. Stop and go in under a minute. We are 8.5 metres long and 3.3 metres high. Bags of room.
You can do a dummy run on Google Earth to rehearse the turns etc.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I wait in the parking area of the old airport (area to the right after the airport access roundabout) until my pickup phones me to say she is waiting at the Departures level outside Costa Coffee and then drive up the ramp to Departures. I stay in the right hand lane, avoiding the short time parking and their barriers, and make the pick up outside Costa Coffee. Stop and go in under a minute. We are 8.5 metres long and 3.3 metres high. Bags of room.
You can do a dummy run on Google Earth to rehearse the turns etc.

My dog would not allow that, ;) she prefers the beach and I make my own coffee. :LOL: Bob.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It is amazing that they can spend 680million €'s on a new facility & you have to collect people arriving from departures.:LOL: as arrivals has no facility , other than the multi -storey , for parking.
You used to be able to get away with parking opposite the multi storey entrance at arrivals in large vehicles but the cheapskates & illegal taxis , put an end to that & it is now barricaded off & with police to prevent stopping.
Even worse is when you inadvertently go in towing a trailer, not realising you cannot get around the car park :)as you could in the old one & then find that it didn't occur to them that people in large vehicles, who cannot enter the car park might have trouble at the end of the road as it wasn't designed for exit of large vehicles. How I laughed when the lad next door told me of picking his wife up at 'arrivals' in his artic.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Personally I hate even going near the place as it is far worse now than it ever was before & even the departure drop off parking , which had to have the barriers put in for the same reason ,people parking free for ages +car parking pick up/drop off drivers blocking everywhere, you still struggle at times to find place to park.

My dog would not allow that, ;) she prefers the beach and I make my own coffee. :LOL: Bob.

It's nice down there & I like the apartments & bars down at Urbanova.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
It is amazing that they can spend 680million €'s on a new facility & you have to collect people arriving from departures.:LOL: as arrivals has no facility , other than the multi -storey , for parking.
You used to be able to get away with parking opposite the multi storey entrance at arrivals in large vehicles but the cheapskates & illegal taxis , put an end to that & it is now barricaded off & with police to prevent stopping.
Even worse is when you inadvertently go in towing a trailer, not realising you cannot get around the car park :)as you could in the old one & then find that it didn't occur to them that people in large vehicles, who cannot enter the car park might have trouble at the end of the road as it wasn't designed for exit of large vehicles. How I laughed when the lad next door told me of picking his wife up at 'arrivals' in his artic.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Personally I hate even going near the place as it is far worse now than it ever was before & even the departure drop off parking , which had to have the barriers put in for the same reason ,people parking free for ages +car parking pick up/drop off drivers blocking everywhere, you still struggle at times to find place to park.

We keep a car at Alicante Airport. We get 15 mins free. Perfect service from Seguro who will also transfer your car to Valencia or Murcia for a small fee.

You think Alicante is bad?.

If you use Manchester Airports arrivals car park, its around £8 to collect for a short time.

Kiss and Fly? Manchester Airport Departures, will now cost you as much a 1p a second. Do you have much Choice?. Yes, a long shuttle ride from off site parking.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/934424/manchester-airport-parking-arrivals-drop-off

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We keep a car at Alicante Airport. We get 15 mins free. Perfect service from Seguro who will also transfer your car to Valencia or Murcia for a small fee.

Yes that's for departures only. & isn't meant for arrivals /car hire /storage companies. For Arrivals the only thing is the multi storey. Not possible to get a motorhome in there nor a vehicle with a 23' trailer , as you could in the old one.
The parking companies & those dropping off should be forced to use the car park & not block wholesale , the departure parking. That was actually free until the abuse made them put in barriers & charge to try & stop it.
Since blocking off the arrival parking on the opposite side to the multi storey they are now blocking both sides of the road in by the old departure/arrival & now clogging up the 'Tangerina'
Fuel station on the A7. Alicante airports equivalent of the FLT mhomers.:LOL: All because they won't spend a couplke of euros , if that , in the multi storey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back