Motorhome Wi fi (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We have a three Huwawei MiFi we pay £20 for 25gb a month on a rolling contract works well on a 3G or 4G signal almost anywhere

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
An antenna is a useful tool that will almost always 'improve' your reception and has the potential to extend the coverage to provide a connection where one might not otherwise be available. Strengthening a connection may be handy if you are looking to stream video content, or if you intend to travel outside of expected coverage areas.

However, its usefulness for you depends on if you have that 'problem' in the first place or if you want to try and solve the problem before you have it. As @davanne comments, she gets a signal almost anywhere - the addition of an antenna would be a consideration if you wanted to do your best to remove the 'almost' but if after a cost-benefit analysis you could live with that then it may not be necessary for your requirements.

I'm a terrible salesman, but we have nothing but good feedback on our 4G Pack 2 from the customers who have it and so we do tend to find it sells itself in that respect. If we can help, do not hesitate to contact us directly via the forum or our website.

Adam

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Using it at this very moment on a campsite at Riaza in Spain. Only here for the night as we are heading to Santander tomorrow so bought a 1 day pass. Logged on through the iboost so that we can both use the internet on our separate iPads, will even watch the footy later on using TunnelBear and itv player. Just noticed you are talking about a different product.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Has anyone used this product
Yes.

Does it work?
Yes

How much of an improvement does it make?
That's more difficult to answer. I haven't done any exhaustive tests. The signal strength meter on my mifi has 4 bars at full strength. I think I normally get at least an extra bar. I also sometimes get 4G with but only 3G without.

Is it worth it?
That depends on where you want to go & how important it is to stay connected. I work from my van, so if it makes the difference between working or not working, it's worth every penny. We did a month's tour of Northern England & Scotland last year & I only had one week's holiday - planned for the week we were in the very far north west of the Highlands. I was able to work right through the other three weeks without a problem - including right up to Wick on the north east coast.

By 'work' I mean a good enough connection to make VoIP phone calls, so more than just an occasional email.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
An antenna is a useful tool that will almost always 'improve' your reception and has the potential to extend the coverage to provide a connection where one might not otherwise be available.

How much of an improvement does it make?
@Ashwells - Sorry - read the thread on my phone at first & didn't follow the link you gave. So my earlier response was coloured more by @Addie 's specific reference to the roof mounted antenna, rather than to the whole kit. The improvement I refer to is the difference made over using the mifi alone.

One thing I can't comment on is how much better the roof mount is over the window mounted antenna, because I've never used a window mount. Quite apart from the better reception I expect I'm getting, I really didn't want another bit of extra kit to fit & refit & have yet more trailing wires.

But I am happy to recommend the entire kit & also the service & support from Motorhome Wifi.

OP
OP
Ashwells

Ashwells

Free Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ongar essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuild
Exp
4th year
Thanks for your all advice very helpful , I am going think about it. just off to North Yorkshire tomorrow first trip of the year , weathers not look great though o_O

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back