Over 75, unlimited mileage, European 100 days away, less than 3.5t recomendations? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I intend to cancel and replace my present insurance with AIB shortly, since I will soon exceed their 10k mileage limit. They told me that Arriva do not offer any insurance for MHs above 12k pa, and that between 10k and 12k the excess becomes, well, excessive. I live in the south west, safe area. Someone mentioned NFU, so will try them, but there are so many companies I thought I could use a short list. Thanks in anticipation.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Safeguard do 365 days European cover, unlimited mileage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
They told me that Arriva do not offer any insurance for MHs above 12k pa, and that between 10k and 12k the excess becomes, well, excessive.

I sincerely hope not otherwise there are going to be very many of us looking for new insurance. I've got a no-limits policy underwritten by Aviva (that's who you mean isn't it? Arriva is a bus company) and I'm sure there are many more of us the same. Yes, the premium is higher for unlimited mileage but "excessive"? Suggest you try a couple of others - Comfort, who I use, are underwritten by Aviva and have always been competitive.

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I sincerely hope not otherwise there are going to be very many of us looking for new insurance. I've got a no-limits policy underwritten by Aviva (that's who you mean isn't it? Arriva is a bus company) and I'm sure there are many more of us the same. Yes, the premium is higher for unlimited mileage but "excessive"? Suggest you try a couple of others - Comfort, who I use, are underwritten by Aviva and have always been competitive.
Yes, of course Aviva, silly mistake, I had wrongly corrected my spelling. They would not offer me unlimited mileage or even higher mileage at any price, the excessive reference was that the excess between 10k-12k was over ÂŁ1,000. They definitely stated that Aviva did not offer unlimited. It's bizarre. Perhaps I should speak with AIB again before I cancel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dorwyn
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
disconnect your speedo cable and rely on your sat nav for speed control. seriously
Have you tried safeguard, no limits from them that I am aware of
I use the sat nag always to check speed, since I cannot read the Fiat dash read out. But I think perhaps the days have gone by where you could simply undo the spring clip on the engine. Not that I ever did that, of course.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back