Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
Hi All

Has anyone on here owned or know of owners of this Swift Kontiki 669 tag-axle, Registration :

It was sold to a dealer in Preston and we have put a deposit on the vehicle at another branch.

Dealer is currently having issues with the clutch so we are trying to speak to previous owners to add some light !:Sad:

Please either post on here or PM me ASAP :thumb:

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

White Rose

Free Member
Oct 14, 2009
West Yorks
Funster No
I might be completely misremembering this, but I'm fairly sure I saw a website listed on Motorhome Links that was something to do with registering the owners of previous vehicles... Can't see it now, of course .... will have a look again

Eta Motorhome links is Link Removed

ETA2 it's http://www.drivearchive.co.uk/index.htm but dunno how active it is ...?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Dealer is currently having issues with the clutch so we are trying to speak to previous owners to add some light !:Sad:
Thanks

Is that not a valid reason for the DVLA to supply names ? Of course you'd have to phrase it as "check on safety issues".

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you intend buying it regardless of the clutch problem (probably the Juddddder) then just wait for the V5 to drop on your mat.
the last owners name and address will be on it.

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
the previous owners details will be on the v5, i used these details to check BT.com and get the phone number to speak to the person that owned the MH before us

OP
OP
gixermark

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
Thanks all.
We live 3 1/2 hrs from the dealer so having a 'peek' at the V5 is impossible & I am sure they won't tell me over the phone !
As for DVLA I am 100% sure they won't give any details out over the phone due to data protection etc!
Anyone else ???????

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
do you know anyone that works for insurance broker or windscreen fitter?They do not have a problem getting info:Eeek:

dave & Jan

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Swift Kontiki 669 tag-axle, Registration : ?

It was sold to a dealer in Preston and we have put a deposit on the vehicle at another branch.

Maybe Marquis Newbury.

Try posting on "Out & About Live"

Also search for Andy Stothert ? thread (quite large) regarding judder/ gearbox. Called Re Fiat/peugeot.

Last edited by a moderator:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Try the dealer - it will be on database for sevicing etc - just ask for the history on it, most will be happy to oblige.

Failing that V888 form and either say for safety reasons, or its' parked on your land and you want the owner to move it! Cost £2.95 but you will get the details.

You could always just ask the dealer, who will probabl;y fax/e-mail you a copy so you can do the necessary checks - just say your son is a policeman and he insists on checking it out! lol!

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
what about the companies that check vehicle accident records , accidents , mileage etc

not a bad idea anyway perhaps ...do they give last owners name?

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi All

Has anyone on here owned or know of owners of this Swift Kontiki 669 tag-axle, Registration : ?

Exactly what 'issues' is the Dealer having re. the clutch?

Is it something the Dealer has discovered after accepting your deposit....or something he knew about before?

If it's involving a possible clutch replacement then re-negotiate final sale terms with the Dealer. Not all previous owners are too keen on being contacted for a variety of reasons.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
its on the askmid reg as insured ( motorhome all )? whatever that means

ddavewoods

Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South West
Funster No
Exp
dont know if it will help but you can call the main dealer and ask them if there are any outstanding campaigns (recalls, mods etc) on the vehicle, or what has been done to it, as you have the reg it shouldnt be a problem, may be of some use.

Dave

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
ring the dealer , get the chassis number , tell him you want to do a chassis check that all mods have been carried out

Link Removed

ask for the previous owners name and address at the same time !

if the dealer won't play ball I would be suspicious

take it you have read up on juddergate !

even if all this works out I would want to do a stiff uphill reversing test before shelling out the readies , irrespective of the engine size !

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
its on the askmid reg as insured ( motorhome all )? whatever that means

It will be on MID as insured if the dealer holds for over 14 days - which with a motorhome is pretty likely, so they have to add it and declare as stock on MID database.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back